Successful Rescue on Quandary

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
SchralpTheGnar
Posts: 1630
Joined: 2/26/2008
14ers:summits51 ski49 winter1 
13ers:summits28 ski21 
Trip Reports (20)

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by SchralpTheGnar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:52 pm

Actually no one on this thread was hating Honnold, just trump and Texas
Old Hickory
Posts: 64
Joined: 6/21/2013
14ers:summits16 
13ers:summits4 

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by Old Hickory » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Conor wrote:
CheapCigarMan wrote:Forgive my noobiness, but I don't get it. Did Honnold climb the face of Longs in the pic? And some members of the forum are critical of that feat? And this has what to do with Successful Rescue on Quandary? Again, I apologize for the confusion. I'm just new here. Thanks in advance for clarifying.
You’re clearly a newb around here if you expect to be still on topic after 4 or 5 posts, let alone 4 or 5 pages.
This site is so much better than the Borg. It requires a little more effort to comment, and even when a thread zigs and zags, it usually returns -- even if tangentially -- to the OP's question/comment.
User avatar
nomanslandCO
Posts: 7
Joined: 6/27/2017
14ers:summits18 

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by nomanslandCO » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:40 pm

LetsGoMets wrote:
painless4u2 wrote:
highpilgrim wrote:
Maybe you should just refrain from reading what offends you so...
Wow. This thread is something to behold. From a Quandary rescue to Natives Rule to Hate Texans to Hate Trump to Hate Honnold and such. Just amazing.
Oh, and I do see ezabielski's point. Kill it if necessary, but it does have some entertaining value.
Trumps asshatness is worth stating in any forum.
+1
User avatar
Alpine Guy
Posts: 366
Joined: 7/9/2007
14ers:summits36 

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by Alpine Guy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 am

Old Hickory wrote:
Conor wrote:
CheapCigarMan wrote:Forgive my noobiness, but I don't get it. Did Honnold climb the face of Longs in the pic? And some members of the forum are critical of that feat? And this has what to do with Successful Rescue on Quandary? Again, I apologize for the confusion. I'm just new here. Thanks in advance for clarifying.
You’re clearly a newb around here if you expect to be still on topic after 4 or 5 posts, let alone 4 or 5 pages.
This site is so much better than the Borg. It requires a little more effort to comment, and even when a thread zigs and zags, it usually returns -- even if tangentially -- to the OP's question/comment.

I can't say I've read them all but I've only seen about 2 posts related to the OP's (that would be me) original comment. Funny that people who have absolutely nothing useful to say just can't seem to stop those fingers...
Roll No Rocks
NickJ
Posts: 149
Joined: 7/10/2005
14ers:summits57 winter1 
13ers:summits9 

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by NickJ » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 am

You really have to admire those men and women that volunteer for these search & rescue groups. They were able to get that couple down the mountain, in difficult conditions, at night. It must be so rewarding for them to be able to do this kind of work. And the Flight for Life helicopter pilot, dropping that crew in high on the mountain. That's really impressive too.
User avatar
hessma
Posts: 156
Joined: 7/24/2016
14ers:summits10 
13ers:summits4 winter2 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by hessma » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 am

Speaking of people from “Texas”. You all look Texan to me.
Attachments
104CB0F7-AA2D-459C-8F7A-FB4620E8F423.png
104CB0F7-AA2D-459C-8F7A-FB4620E8F423.png (913.92 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
"So I say, do not discriminate what constitutes a mountain. Be happy you are in a continual pursuit of something that gives you energy in life.” —Stefan Feller
User avatar
lcjackson
Posts: 43
Joined: 6/22/2017
14ers:summits21 
13ers:summits1 

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by lcjackson » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:29 am

hessma wrote:Speaking of people from “Texas”. You all look Texan to me.
My thoughts exactly
rperth
Posts: 51
Joined: 6/9/2018
14ers:summits24 
13ers:summits4 

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by rperth » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am

lcjackson wrote:
hessma wrote:Speaking of people from “Texas”. You all look Texan to me.
My thoughts exactly
If Texans stopped visiting it would put a pretty big dent in the tourism industry. Then everyone would have something new to complain about.
User avatar
SkaredShtles
Posts: 2069
Joined: 5/20/2013
14ers: List not added

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by SkaredShtles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 am

Alpine Guy wrote:<snip>
I can't say I've read them all but I've only seen about 2 posts related to the OP's (that would be me) original comment. Funny that people who have absolutely nothing useful to say just can't seem to stop those fingers...
Ironic this post is.
User avatar
SkaredShtles
Posts: 2069
Joined: 5/20/2013
14ers: List not added

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by SkaredShtles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:46 am

rperth wrote:
lcjackson wrote:
hessma wrote:Speaking of people from “Texas”. You all look Texan to me.
My thoughts exactly
If Texans stopped visiting it would put a pretty big dent in the tourism industry. Then everyone would have something new to complain about.
I dunno - the state has got be be getting CLOSE to having enough population to support the tourism industry WITHOUT any travelers from out-of-state/country.

The state residents are probably WAY more responsible for the mountain-overcrowding issue than tourists.
Sean Nunn
Posts: 859
Joined: 7/29/2013
14ers:summits35 
13ers:summits2 

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by Sean Nunn » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:55 am

SkaredShtles wrote:
rperth wrote:
lcjackson wrote:
My thoughts exactly
If Texans stopped visiting it would put a pretty big dent in the tourism industry. Then everyone would have something new to complain about.
I dunno - the state has got be be getting CLOSE to having enough population to support the tourism industry WITHOUT any travelers from out-of-state/country.

The state residents are probably WAY more responsible for the mountain-overcrowding issue than tourists.
Without taking a side on the issue, it would be really interesting to know what percentage of "climber use days" on the 14ers are out of staters vs. CO people.
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains."
Psalm 36:6
User avatar
CHWitte
Posts: 278
Joined: 8/6/2008
14ers:summits58 
13ers:summits17 
Trip Reports (13)

Re: Successful Rescue on Quandary

Post by CHWitte » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Considering that most of the 14ers are on National Forest land anyway, this means that they belong to "we the people" no matter what state you come from. They are on Federal land, supported by Federal income taxes and not the state of Colorado. So, the Texans have just as much of a right to hike them as Colorado residents.
(promotional text removed)
Post Reply