Injured hiker air lifted off Maroon Peak

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Re: Injured hiker air lifted off Maroon Peak

Post by Matt »

nunns wrote:Every day I get the joy of logging on and seeing 20 more posts on this thread, none of which have do to with an injured hiker or Maroon Peak.
:-D
Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
While we're in the business of discussing injured hikers, what's up with the new screen name?
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

Matt wrote:
nunns wrote:Every day I get the joy of logging on and seeing 20 more posts on this thread, none of which have do to with an injured hiker or Maroon Peak.
:-D
Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
While we're in the business of discussing injured hikers, what's up with the new screen name?

Hahaha, yeah. Long story but honestly it just stems from my pathetic abilities in the realm of technology. I lost my autosaved password in a computer switchover, couldn't figure out how to retrieve it, and decided it was just easier to start over with a new account.

Bill, if you read this, you can delete my account under the screen name seannunn.
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Someone say my name?
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dpage »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Someone say my name?
Can you go ahead and change 12ers back to 49ersrule until they suck again as much as my Redskins?
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

I’m pretty sure I was the last cool person to move to Colorado in 1998, I met my wife from Kansas here too, now I’m a Coloradoan
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dpage »

SchralpTheGnar wrote:I’m pretty sure I was the last cool person to move to Colorado in 1998, I met my wife from Kansas here too, now I’m a Coloradoan
I'm pretty sure Coloradoan is a newspaper and not a person who lives in Colorado.
LURE
14ers: 34 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LURE »

dpage wrote:
SchralpTheGnar wrote:I’m pretty sure I was the last cool person to move to Colorado in 1998, I met my wife from Kansas here too, now I’m a Coloradoan
I'm pretty sure Coloradoan is a newspaper and not a person who lives in Colorado.
Yeh, just look up the Spanish rule for words ending in o. Somebody from Mexico ain’t a Mexicoan...
tjmartn1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tjmartn1 »

LURE wrote:
dpage wrote:
Yeh, just look up the Spanish rule for words ending in o. Somebody from Mexico ain’t a Mexicoan...
Perhaps, but people from Chicago are not Chicagans. People from Ohio are not Ohians. People from El Paso are not El Pasans. People from Orlando are not Orlandans. People from Fargo are not Fargans. People from Fresno are not called Fresnans.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

dpage wrote:
BillMiddlebrook wrote:Someone say my name?
Can you go ahead and change 12ers back to 49ersrule until they suck again as much as my Redskins?
+1000, to changing back to 49ersRule and the Redskins sucking.
LURE
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LURE »

tjmartn1 wrote:
LURE wrote:
dpage wrote:
Perhaps, but people from Chicago are not Chicagans. People from Ohio are not Ohians. People from El Paso are not El Pasans. People from Orlando are not Orlandans. People from Fargo are not Fargans. People from Fresno are not called Fresnans.
But, is Chicago a spanish word? Is Ohio a spanish word? El Paso is admittedly an oddball. Continuing... is Orlando a spanish word? Is Fargo a spanish word? Are people from Fresno not called Fresnans? I think they should be. Fresnoans sounds stupid. So does Coloradoan.

Both are technically correct if you get down to the dictionary. The reality is you can do whatever you want with names, pronounce them, spell them, whatever. Look at Buena Vista, if we wanna ignite that debate. But the incorrectly pronounced version of BV is the correct version, because that's how the town named it. Or look at random baby names that make no sense between spelling and pronunciation. But, I would argue Coloradan is more technically correct - if not for etymology, than because Coloradoan sounds stupid.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

LURE wrote:
dpage wrote:
I have just one question.

If people from Utah are Utahns, what does that make people from Tampa?
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
LURE
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LURE »

Scott P wrote:I have just one question.

If people from Utah are Utahns, what does that make people from Tampa?
There it is! Now this threads really turning into a good time.