Missing Climber on Longs Peak

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
BradyLampert
14ers: 58 
13ers: 18
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Missing Climber on Longs Peak

Post by BradyLampert »

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/search ... onal-park/

Summited Longs Peak the same day, however I was back to my vehicle at 12:30. And this man started at 2PM..as I was coming down the mountain there was a noticeable storm front moving in which did end up raining down in Estes Park around 1-2PM. Longs had a 40 percent chance of rain around 1-2PM with close to 50MPh wind gusts. This man has had to be rescued in the past (2014) on what is presumed the same route “The Loft.”
Regardless hoping for a safe return. Just posting what I know and saw that day.
Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

nsaladin wrote:I'm not sure discussion about anyone's first 14er and/or how much they weighed for that hike belongs in a thread about a missing hiker. I hope the hiker in question is found safe and just got a little off track.
No s**t.

People are far too quick to sharpen their pitchforks around here. A sad state of affairs...
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
cory1223oh
14ers: 24 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cory1223oh »

BradyLampert wrote:https://www.outtherecolorado.com/search ... onal-park/

Summited Longs Peak the same day, however I was back to my vehicle at 12:30. And this man started at 2PM..as I was coming down the mountain there was a noticeable storm front moving in which did end up raining down in Estes Park around 1-2PM. Longs had a 40 percent chance of rain around 1-2PM with close to 50MPh wind gusts. This man has had to be rescued in the past (2014) on what is presumed the same route “The Loft.”
Regardless hoping for a safe return. Just posting what I know and saw that day.
Wow, this is in incredibly bad taste. Especially when there is an ongoing search for someone. Also, if you’d read the earlier comments it sounds like he camped at the boulder field. So starting out at 2pm to camp there and attempting a summit the next morning would not be out of the ordinary.
druid2112
14ers: 46  6 
13ers: 32 5
Trip Reports (7)

Post by druid2112 »

For the love of....

Can we please keep this thread to CONSTRUCTIVE INFORMATION THAT MIGHT ASSIST THE SEARCH.

Gah.
"You can't really dust for vomit." - Nigel Tufnel
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Hoping and praying for a positive outcome in the search to find Jay.
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius
Candace66
14ers: 42  1 
13ers: 207 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Candace66 »

NPS update from Thursday. Still searching for Mr. Yambert...and while doing so, personnel ended up helping another Longs climber who got injured!

https://www.nps.gov/romo/learn/news/sea ... h-area.htm
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

nsaladin wrote:I'm not sure discussion about anyone's first 14er and/or how much they weighed for that hike belongs in a thread about a missing hiker. I hope the hiker in question is found safe and just got a little off track.
Yeah, my apologies; you're probably right.

Sean Nunn
Raytown, MO
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6