Missing Climber : Pyramid Peak 9/15/19

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Dayute
14ers: 56  1 
13ers: 10 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Missing Climber : Pyramid Peak 9/15/19

Post by Dayute »

Denver Channel article made it seem like his group turned back before the summit and he went on alone. My guess is he missed the exit on the green wall on the way down. I've done this myself and if you keep going down the green wall it does look like you're following a path. There were even ropes and a lost helmet down there last year. Would have involved a lot of butt-scooting and would have dumped him on to the East Maroon Creek trail.
duncanmil
14ers: 58 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Missing Climber : Pyramid Peak 9/15/19

Post by duncanmil »

Dayute wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:31 am Denver Channel article made it seem like his group turned back before the summit and he went on alone. My guess is he missed the exit on the green wall on the way down. I've done this myself and if you keep going down the green wall it does look like you're following a path. There were even ropes and a lost helmet down there last year. Would have involved a lot of butt-scooting and would have dumped him on to the East Maroon Creek trail.
Thanks. That actually makes more sense than him going off the wrong side of the summit.