Accident reports on the AAC site?

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
Candace66
14ers: 42  1 
13ers: 207 3
Trip Reports (0)

Accident reports on the AAC site?

Post by Candace66 »

The American Alpine Club website used to offer an online database of accident reports. I bookmarked it years ago. But the link doesn't work now. And I can't find what I'm looking for on their site.

I did find the page with the "Sharp End Podcasts" which cover accidents. And of course the AAC still publishes the annual accident summary in book form. But I'd really like to find that online database of written reports. Are they still maintaining the online resource? What is the link?
martinleroux
14ers: 28 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Accident reports on the AAC site?

Post by martinleroux »

It's still there. Go to http://publications.americanalpineclub.org/. Or from the main AAC page go to "Our Work"/"Publications"/'Publications Search".

The only problem is that if you select "Advanced Search", the "Article Type" drop-down box presents a list of options in white text on a white background. Maybe that's meant to be practice for navigating in a white-out?
Candace66
14ers: 42  1 
13ers: 207 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Accident reports on the AAC site?

Post by Candace66 »

OK, thanks, I played with it and figured it out.

But I don't have the problem of white text on a white background. Maybe we have different browser settings. Or just different browsers...I'm using Firefox.

Update: I tried sorting the results by newest first. That didn't seem to work in Firefox, but it works in Chrome.