Incident on capitol peak 09/04

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
jpearl23
Trip Reports (0)

Incident on capitol peak 09/04

Post by jpearl23 »

The woman who died on capitol peak was my best friend. I loved her very much. Can someone please help me get in touch with the group that was directly behind her. It would mean so much to me
Thank you
Justin
denvermikey
14ers: 51 
13ers: 166
Trip Reports (12)

Re: Incident on capitol peak 09/04

Post by denvermikey »

I messaged the person who was leading that group. If they want to reach out, you should expect contact in the next day or so.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - David McCullough Jr.
Ionizedsoul
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ionizedsoul »

removed
Last edited by Ionizedsoul on Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crestoner
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Crestoner »

Ionizedsoul wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:38 pm Hey I got word of this message, my name is Brad Hodge it is with a heavy heart that i carry these words. I was the one with the group to witness her fall and remain to call in her location to both 911 and search and rescue providing them with grid location to her resting place. I was humbled by her friends and family to be invited to her celebration of life. If there is anything I can offer you please reach out. 303-717-5809. insta @mtn_within and i will do my best to offer whatever closure I can, or missing pieces.
Best post of all of those posted on this tragic incident... Right on, Brad.
Bokonist12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bokonist12 »

Brad Hodge posted photos of the deceased women in question unedited all over social media. Photos of her dead on a mountain. He then continued to make fun of her for being ill prepared. Nice try though, Brad. I feel disgusted for her family that you attended her funeral
MaryinColorado
Trip Reports (14)

Post by MaryinColorado »

Bokonist12 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:42 pm Brad Hodge posted photos of the deceased women in question unedited all over social media. Photos of her dead on a mountain. He then continued to make fun of her for being ill prepared. Nice try though, Brad. I feel disgusted for her family that you attended her funeral
I have mixed feelings about this thread resurfacing here. While I entirely agree with your sentiments about BH's actions - inexcusable in every imaginable way - I am saddened that her best friend, Justin, may incur some emotional hardship with this awareness as he's who originated this thread last year and may be notified. Though, perhaps I am naive in thinking word of BH's actions hasn't already gotten back to her family and friends.

She deserves greater honor and respect than what BH has repeatedly failed to afford her since the accident. If there is a positive out of this latest incident, though, it's that the 14er community, as a whole, came together to wrap the girl's memory in a giant, protective hug. So many people cherish her even in the absence of having ever known her, and that's such a beautiful thing.
Bokonist12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bokonist12 »

I agree in every way. She deserves to be remembered in only light. Thank you for your reply.
Bokonist12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Bokonist12 »

It was not my intention to besmirch her nor to cause any further grief nor hardship to her family. In any way. Only to cut short the action of a man who evidently continues to use her story as deductively, merely, a story. Justin, her family, nor anyone should have to hear that someone out there is using the death of a young life in such a way. It is merely my intention to shed light on such a miscarriage of humanity disguised in false charm. It’s vile. I hope this young man grows and matures. His actions are not a reflection of the United beautiful response of the entire 14er community