Overnight parking at Grays trailhead

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
danieljw1987
14ers: List not added

Overnight parking at Grays trailhead

Post by danieljw1987 »

Thinking about driving up to the upper trailhead at Grays on a Friday night, sleeping in my car, then hitting the trail early Saturday morning. Is this something that is doable/is there even a chance for parking at that time? Thanks, semi-noob here.
LetsGoMets
14ers: 58 4
13ers: 110 6
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Overnight parking at Grays trailhead

Post by LetsGoMets »

Doable and you should be fine.
Instagram: @bsodaro86
TAMU85
14ers: 4

Post by TAMU85 »

I don't know whether that is a good idea on Friday the 13th ... JK. Please let me know how the road is up to the TH.

Thanks
bjcustard

Post by bjcustard »

How was/is the road to the upper trailhead?
docinco

Post by docinco »

danieljw1987 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:20 pm Thinking about driving up to the upper trailhead at Grays on a Friday night, sleeping in my car, then hitting the trail early Saturday morning. Is this something that is doable/is there even a chance for parking at that time? Thanks, semi-noob here.
if you arrive early afternoon you should be able to scarf a spot from someone who has descended. great views, nice place to spend an afternoon/evening.
Barnold41
14ers: 13
13ers: 12

Post by Barnold41 »

Did this a few years ago about the same time of year and had no problem finding a spot in the lot. It snowed on us that evening :-D