Overnight parking at Grays trailhead

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
danieljw1987
Trip Reports (0)

Overnight parking at Grays trailhead

Post by danieljw1987 »

Thinking about driving up to the upper trailhead at Grays on a Friday night, sleeping in my car, then hitting the trail early Saturday morning. Is this something that is doable/is there even a chance for parking at that time? Thanks, semi-noob here.
LetsGoMets
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 132 6
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Overnight parking at Grays trailhead

Post by LetsGoMets »

Doable and you should be fine.
TAMU85
14ers: 4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TAMU85 »

I don't know whether that is a good idea on Friday the 13th ... JK. Please let me know how the road is up to the TH.

Thanks
bjcustard
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bjcustard »

How was/is the road to the upper trailhead?
docinco
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by docinco »

danieljw1987 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:20 pm Thinking about driving up to the upper trailhead at Grays on a Friday night, sleeping in my car, then hitting the trail early Saturday morning. Is this something that is doable/is there even a chance for parking at that time? Thanks, semi-noob here.
if you arrive early afternoon you should be able to scarf a spot from someone who has descended. great views, nice place to spend an afternoon/evening.
Barnold41
14ers: 15 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Barnold41 »

Did this a few years ago about the same time of year and had no problem finding a spot in the lot. It snowed on us that evening :-D