2WD Trailheads with difficulty ratings of peaks

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
RyanOhNoPleaseStop
14ers: 25  5 
13ers: 9 1
Trip Reports (2)

2WD Trailheads with difficulty ratings of peaks

Post by RyanOhNoPleaseStop »

I made a table that takes the https://www.14ers.com/php14ers/trailhea ... iculty.php trailhead page but then goes the extra step of adding on the difficulty of the peaks. This only includes 2WD trailheads since i made this for myself and didn't need 4WD info. I also added drive times from Fort Collins since I'm based there. Thought id share to help the niche group of hikers with sedans in foco.

Table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Also, if anyone in foco is looking to take a new climber under their wing then hmu. trying to get into it, yknow?

Alsooooo, is there a guide out there on how to format links/images correctly on the forum. im struggling.
mgl45
14ers: 1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 2WD Trailheads with difficulty ratings of peaks

Post by mgl45 »

Thanks for the sheet. BTW, when I read what you wrote in the "distance" column for the Needleton trailhead I was ROFLMAO!!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Did you know that on the Route Selection page you can use both route and road difficulties as search criteria. AND you can export the results using the export button at the bottom.

Sorry, no link cuz I’m on a lift at Breck! :)
Link in Routes menu
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

mgl45 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:27 pm Thanks for the sheet. BTW, when I read what you wrote in the "distance" column for the Needleton trailhead I was ROFLMAO!!
That is funny!
two lunches
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 59
Trip Reports (0)

Post by two lunches »

now i would argue that you *get* one, but i also haven't had the opportunity to take it yet, myself.

chin up OP!
“To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
arete66
14ers: 57  7 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by arete66 »

Just discovered your spreadsheet. Your work is much appreciated. I drive a long distance to tackle the 14ers and all factors need to be part of good planning before I even get in the car. Thank you my friend.