Huron Trailhead Access

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
EMBond
14ers: List not added

Huron Trailhead Access

Post by EMBond » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:14 pm

Before driving down this weekend, I'm hoping someone might have recent information about road conditions for CO 390 to Winfield and beyond? Haven't seen a conditions report since the snow this past week.

Any information on the road or trail conditions is appreciated!
CaptCO
14ers:summits58 winter12 
13ers:summits43 
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Huron Trailhead Access

Post by CaptCO » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:57 pm

I saw a CR-V pass me walking back from Missouri Gulch TH. Not sure how far they made it but it should be accessible by the weekend. Lots of hunters and wildlife officers on 390 atm
"It's a thing if you want it to be a thing. What others think of something is irrelevant." -OldSchool
EMBond
14ers: List not added

Re: Huron Trailhead Access

Post by EMBond » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:33 am

Thanks for the tip, ended up going out there on 10/31. For anyone else interested, no trouble getting to the 2WD trailhead in our CRV, most of the snow and ice is melted out. We did not attempt the 4WD road to the upper trailhead since we were going up via Lulu Gulch.

We were eventually turned around by snow/wind just before gaining the ridge near Brown's Peak. I think it would've been doable with more capable footwear, or by taking the slightly longer way up Middle Mtn.