Air BnB for Dirtbags

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
SkiFree
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Air BnB for Dirtbags

Post by SkiFree »

I dont think you can be a dirtbag and stay at an Air BnB.
SkiFree
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkiFree »

You can use Air Bnbs search function to set the bar pretty low, but generally I use their map function since it shows the prices along with the general location.

I use it a bunch for work and dont have any specific recommendations, but sometimes you can find really good deals in wierd locations of the state or out of peak season.
lodgling
14ers: 58  58  2 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (12)

Post by lodgling »

Spring 14er THs are generally a pretty great place for short term dirt-bagging. Lots of hot springs options in between THs as well.
pcsongei
14ers: 15 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pcsongei »

I've definitely found cheap AirBnBs up in the mountains, just set your search parameters at whatever you want. I’ve found plenty of studios or efficiency units that go for $75-100/night. Problem now is that AirBnB and VRBO seem to have increased their fees quite a bit, so a single night stay often doesn't feel worth it since you end up paying as much in fees as you do for the accommodations.