Maroon Bells Lake parking

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Barnold41
14ers: 15 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Maroon Bells Lake parking

Post by Barnold41 »

crowdsurf wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:19 pm
Barnold41 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:01 pm "The most photographed peaks in North America"

...find another route and enjoy the Elks. Standard is overrated, anyway.

If you haven't done it, how do you know? Got my 2 day reservation for August 29th-31st to try and avoid the crowds. Looking to do N. Maroon or the traverse S to N.

Stoked!

screw you guys.gif
I meant that it's a bit annoying to have to pick your way through the crowds on the way down, as we did coming off Pyramid. There are plenty of different ways to get to the base of the Bells, you don't have to go the standard route...
RETEP 1
14ers: 58 
13ers: 38
Trip Reports (0)

Post by RETEP 1 »

I don’t agree with too many of the no-vehicle hijinx that you get on 14ers.com but if you’re not gonna start from the CB side then for goodness sakes, ride your bike up the road people😂😂
speth
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 44
Trip Reports (3)

Post by speth »

I have nothing to add other than I feel bad for people who still need to get to this area and rely on a Ticket Master lottery system to do a hike now. What a disaster.

All I want is to just have fun, live my life like a son of a gun
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
sieggy80305
14ers: 32 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by sieggy80305 »

The CB side seems like a good alternative that won't affect the trip too much. I'm not too bummed that I have to start there instead of Aspen.
Alpinefroggy
14ers: 29  2 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Alpinefroggy »

speth wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:52 pm I have nothing to add other than I feel bad for people who still need to get to this area and rely on a Ticket Master lottery system to do a hike now. What a disaster.
I don't necessarily think this is a problem in a vacuum though. Obviously the system could be more robust but there does need to be some sort of a permit system these days for the maroon bells and I found it quite straight forward to get a few weekends for pyramid and the bells traverse.
jrs1965
14ers: 58  1  3 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jrs1965 »

What a flipping SS to have the Chamber of Commerce controlling access to public lands.

So, the overnight parking reservation is for the lower overflow lot on the right as you approach? I'm wondering if you can line up at the ranger station prior to 6 AM?
dwoodward13
14ers: 58  12 
13ers: 157 6
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dwoodward13 »

jrs1965 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:33 pm What a flipping SS to have the Chamber of Commerce controlling access to public lands.
The CoC appears to just be running the reservation website. You can still use your America the Beautiful Pass to pay for the 10 dollar fee, which is the same fee amount that it was prior to the reservation system. There are no other additional service fees, so it appears the CoC isn't getting a cut.
SchralpTheGnar
14ers: 51  49  1 
13ers: 38 30
Trip Reports (22)

Post by SchralpTheGnar »

Can you buy passes on stubhub?
jrs1965
14ers: 58  1  3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jrs1965 »

dwoodward13 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:02 pm
jrs1965 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:33 pm What a flipping SS to have the Chamber of Commerce controlling access to public lands.
The CoC appears to just be running the reservation website. You can still use your America the Beautiful Pass to pay for the 10 dollar fee, which is the same fee amount that it was prior to the reservation system. There are no other additional service fees, so it appears the CoC isn't getting a cut.
Yep, you're probably right on them not getting a cut. No intention to infer they were profiting. In contrast, they probably have exclusive access...
(while climbers in April have to sacrifice safety and choose a random day in the middle of monsoon season)
Last edited by jrs1965 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ccerling
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ccerling »

If anyone happened to score a day parking, midnight to midnight, or overnight pass reservation starting on on 7/3 I'd be more than happy to chip in some gas money or something to get a ride up Maroon Creek Road to the trailhead. I'll even cling to your roof rack if that's the only space you have. I'm looking to run the 4 pass loop that day and I would prefer to not start my day off with a 9 mile+ uphill bike ride in the dark.
dwoodward13
14ers: 58  12 
13ers: 157 6
Trip Reports (1)

Post by dwoodward13 »

ccerling wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:10 am If anyone happened to score a day parking, midnight to midnight, or overnight pass reservation starting on on 7/3 I'd be more than happy to chip in some gas money or something to get a ride up Maroon Creek Road to the trailhead. I'll even cling to your roof rack if that's the only space you have. I'm looking to run the 4 pass loop that day and I would prefer to not start my day off with a 9 mile+ uphill bike ride in the dark.

There's still plenty of day parking for that day. Midnight to midnight also has 10/24 slots open...
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (34.71 KiB) Viewed 2599 times
CaptainSuburbia
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 125 9
Trip Reports (44)

Post by CaptainSuburbia »

dwoodward13 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:24 am
ccerling wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:10 am If anyone happened to score a day parking, midnight to midnight, or overnight pass reservation starting on on 7/3 I'd be more than happy to chip in some gas money or something to get a ride up Maroon Creek Road to the trailhead. I'll even cling to your roof rack if that's the only space you have. I'm looking to run the 4 pass loop that day and I would prefer to not start my day off with a 9 mile+ uphill bike ride in the dark.

There's still plenty of day parking for that day. Midnight to midnight also has 10/24 slots open...
I don't see any spots available except for May and late October :(
Some day our kids will study Clash lyrics in school.
Nothing drives people crazy like people drive people crazy.
Save Challenger Point