American Basin

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Peakbagger34
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (1)

American Basin

Post by Peakbagger34 »

Anyone been up or have any beta on the road to the TH? Heading up Friday
Aphelion
14ers: 58  17 
13ers: 48
Trip Reports (0)

Re: American Basin

Post by Aphelion »

huffy13
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (30)

Post by huffy13 »

If the road to AB is not an option or risky you should seriously consider ascending via Grizzly Gulch and then descend through AB and just hike the road around Whitecross Mountain back to GG. Gives you a chance to enjoy the best of both routes without adding a ridiculous amount of effort. I loved doing Handies via the loop and so did my kids.
Seems like the times that I need a mountain the most are the times that I can not get to them.
Peakbagger34
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Peakbagger34 »

Already saw this but it's from almost 2 weeks ago, looking for more recent beta