leadville 100 closure

Trailhead condition requests, questions, alerts, etc.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mandy225
Trip Reports (0)

leadville 100 closure

Post by mandy225 »

planning to hike from la plata gulch trailhead arriving on saturday and hiking sunday morning. will leadville 100 impact this road access?
davebobk47
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 130 1 4
Trip Reports (0)

Re: leadville 100 closure

Post by davebobk47 »

no road closure - might have to wait for a few minutes for runners crossing but thats it.
"Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve. They are the cathedrals where I practice my religion." -Anatoli Boukreev
thebeave7
14ers: 58 
13ers: 127
Trip Reports (25)

Re: leadville 100 closure

Post by thebeave7 »

They aren't allowing crews to drive to the Winfield AS for Leadville this year. So you'll only see the Aid Station, it's volunteers plus all the runners. Shouldn't affect traffic much other than the runners crossing the road near Winfield midafternoon. Just don't try to camp in the big open grass lot as that's where the AS is setup.

Eric
Me fail English? That's unpossible. http://www.ericjlee.com/Blogs