Photo of Wetterhorn in Backpacker Mag

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
Please do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website. For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mtn_ascent
14ers: List not added

Photo of Wetterhorn in Backpacker Mag

Post by mtn_ascent » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:55 am

There is a nice photo of Wetterhorn and Matterhorn in August issue of Backpacker magazine p. 44. Taken by Jack Brauer. It appears the picture was taken from the North/Northeast. Anyone know where that spot is or trail access to that area?
KState14er
14ers:summits58 winter2 
13ers:summits7 winter1 

Re: Photo of Wetterhorn in Backpacker Mag

Post by KState14er » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:16 am

For those interested here's Jack Brauer's website: http://www.mountainphotography.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I purchased a large (30 x 45) print from him several years ago. Great quality and customer service. Beautiful print.

As a photographer myself, I can vouch for the fact his mountain photography is top-notch and his printing is high-quality.
www.jonathanknight.net / @jonathanknightphoto
mattpayne11
14ers:summits58 
13ers:summits96 winter1 
Trip Reports (48)

Re: Photo of Wetterhorn in Backpacker Mag

Post by mattpayne11 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:33 pm

KState14er wrote:For those interested here's Jack Brauer's website: http://www.mountainphotography.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I purchased a large (30 x 45) print from him several years ago. Great quality and customer service. Beautiful print.

As a photographer myself, I can vouch for the fact his mountain photography is top-notch and his printing is high-quality.
Yeah, Jack is top-notch for sure. One of his favorites of mine was taken of Wetterhorn. He has/had the luxury of camping at locations for several days at a time, waiting for the perfect light/scene combo. Really hard to beat that!