Topographical canvas map of 14ers

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jrs1965
14ers: 58  1  3 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Topographical canvas map of 14ers

Post by jrs1965 »

MacVan's in the Springs has a ton of maps. I bought a paper map there, had it mounted, coated (no glass) and then I framed with a frame I made from antique wood...

http://www.macvanmaps.com/shop25/
Attachments
Colorado2.jpg
Colorado2.jpg (188.68 KiB) Viewed 2232 times
Gene913
14ers: 58 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Gene913 »

Wall Map.jpg
Wall Map.jpg (72.96 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
Framed this laminated map from Raven Maps and put a couple 14er posters next to it. Looks good in the office. Never provides a distraction.
"If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, and you say to this mountain, 'move from here to there,' it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:21
casali
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by casali »

Thanks for this good message! I was wanting a canvas painting....not a map. I might have to do some kind of custom-made canvas map.

acidchylde wrote:Are you looking for a topo map (overhead showing lines), a shaded relief map (still overhead, no lines, uses shadow to depict topography), or a more artistic perspective type image? Skared's link (wall map at the top) isn't quite a topo since it doesn't show the lines, but it has a lot more info on it than a typical shaded relief. Kent's link has one of the most common shaded reliefs of the state, particularly available at large wall sizes. Neither of them call out 14ers specifically other than if that happens to be a labeled mountain, as is the case with most maps that aren't specifically of the 14er subject variety. Gene's link has a perspective topo relief poster, of which there are a couple of different versions but the base image is probably the most common that calls out all the 14ers. Another site you can take a look at is http://bouldermapgallery.com/catalog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (I just found through a quick Google search) - they have all of the types mentioned.

Most of these maps are only available as poster prints/paper/. If you want something on canvas, you'll need to find someone who can actually print it that way - either they have an image they can print on whatever media or will print an image you find. I don't know of anywhere that carries these maps on canvas. You could also have your own map custom made so it would show exactly what you want and could be printed on whatever material you want.