Marriage proposal - Location and photographer needed

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mlstjay
14ers: 26  6  1 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (1)

Marriage proposal - Location and photographer needed

Post by mlstjay »

I'm looking to see if anyone on here would be able to hike/snowshoe to a spot to get a few shots of me proposing to my girlfriend on Saturday 2/4. Looking at either somewhere along the snowshoe trail around Mt. Evans or up in Nederland area.

Suggestions for places would be great! Looking to surprise my gf on a hike/snowshoe and want someone to be there to capture it with a nicer camera than just a phone.

We've hiked quite a few 14ers, but unfortunately the lady isn't big into winter 14ers, so it'll have to be something a little more low key and dog friendly.

Thanks for any help with recommended places and/or photographers!
mr_Chris
14ers: 38 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Marriage proposal - Location and photographer needed

Post by mr_Chris »

Early congrats. :)

You considered the Brainard Lake area? I've always thought the view looking west across Long Lake at the Indian Peaks, maybe 1/4 mile beyond the summer Long Lake TH, gives one of the most beautiful views vs ease of accessibility in the Front Range. There is a small bridge and open area crossing the drainage on the east side to set up shop. Now you'll have to hike in from the winter closure, maybe about 3 miles one way, but there are several options to do it (trail or snowpacked road) depending on what you are looking for.

Good luck!
Nfreelen
14ers: 43 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Nfreelen »

I'd be happy to shoot for you in the Mt. Evans area. PM sent.
mlstjay
14ers: 26  6  1 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mlstjay »

mr_Chris wrote:Early congrats. :)

You considered the Brainard Lake area? I've always thought the view looking west across Long Lake at the Indian Peaks, maybe 1/4 mile beyond the summer Long Lake TH, gives one of the most beautiful views vs ease of accessibility in the Front Range. There is a small bridge and open area crossing the drainage on the east side to set up shop. Now you'll have to hike in from the winter closure, maybe about 3 miles one way, but there are several options to do it (trail or snowpacked road) depending on what you are looking for.

Good luck!
Thanks for early congrats! We almost went to Brainard a month ago, but looking at CMC site, seemed like it was quite picky about snowshoe and skin tracks and dogs. Gf was snowshoeing, I was skinning, and we had the pup, so we didn't want to go to the wrong trail. It'd be that type of setup again, but I heard Brainard is beautiful and a great hike! Thanks for the recommendation!
Cruiser
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Cruiser »

Silver Dollar Lake along Guanella pass might be a good option. Good access on the paved road, relatively short hike without a ton of vert, nice alpine views once you get to the lake overlook.
Where ever you are... There you are.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

We would love to hear how things go, if well... which of course they will!! All the best!
mtn_nut
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 35 1
Trip Reports (5)

Post by mtn_nut »

Cruiser wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:11 am Silver Dollar Lake along Guanella pass might be a good option. Good access on the paved road, relatively short hike without a ton of vert, nice alpine views once you get to the lake overlook.
You realize you replied to a post that was over four years old...
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Ha! My duh too. Details details :lol:
Cruiser
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Cruiser »

Hah! What a moran! Need to pay attention for a change. It's like I'm one of those message board bots we keep hearing about. :justkillme:
Where ever you are... There you are.
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Guess they can use it for anniversary photos now...