Photo Gathering 5/20, Mayflower Gulch

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
vonmackle
14ers: 30 
13ers: 93 1
Trip Reports (13)

Photo Gathering 5/20, Mayflower Gulch

Post by vonmackle »

What: Photo Gathering
When: Saturday Evening, May 20th
Where: Mayflower Gulch
Why: Learning new skills, meeting other photographers, talking shop, whatever
Who: Photographers of any skill level

I've had a few people express interest in having another photo gathering, so I've decided to throw this one together. The plan is to meet at the Mayflower Gulch parking lot and hike up to shoot sunset in the gulch. I'm also thinking about having the option to stay and camp so we can work on Milky Way photos. I'm a bit of a slacker, so this is all I've planned planned so far. I'll post more info in a week or so. Hope you can make it!
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven
JeffR
14ers: 31 
13ers: 175
Trip Reports (13)

Re: Photo Gathering 5/20, Mayflower Gulch

Post by JeffR »

Cool idea, thanks for posting. Will think on it.
To recognize the beauty in sadness, without playing host to the pain...
- Under the Sun, "Reflections"
vonmackle
Trip Reports (13)

Post by vonmackle »

Bump including meeting time and some other details.

The photo gathering will meet at the Mayflower Gulch parking area just off of highway 91 this Saturday at 5pm. Sunset is at 8:10, so that will give us enough time to hike in and scout out some spots to shoot. I'm guessing there is plenty of snow left in the basin, so you might want to bring snowshoes or skis if you're not a fan of post holing. A headlamp will also be handy if you plan to stay past sunset, and bring your camping gear if you want to stay overnight for Milky Way shots. That's it for now. Let me know if you have any questions.
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven
spong0949
14ers: 49  1 
13ers: 47
Trip Reports (26)

Post by spong0949 »

That sounds cool! We were considering doing Atlantic/Pacific that day so maybe I'll stick around for sunset. It would be awesome to put some faces to all these awesome images on here.
Mountain photography and fine art:
https://aaron-spong.pixels.com/

Blog:
http://14erart.com

"SOLI DEO GLORIA"
Eschuette
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Eschuette »

Sounds great, see everyone there!

Cheers
Eric

"In short, there is a kind of supernatural beauty in these mountainous prospects which charms both the senses and the minds into a forgetfulness of oneself and of everything in the world" - Rousseau

Instagram Id: ericschuettephotography
https://www.facebook.com/EricSchuettephotography" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shaolin
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Shaolin »

Wish this was closer to me. Have Fun.
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

Hoping for good weather!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
vonmackle
Trip Reports (13)

Post by vonmackle »

The weather forecast appears to be pretty OK for tomorrow evening. I look forward to seeing some of the usual suspects as well as meeting some new folks. See you there.