Wildflowers in September??

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
DenneyR
14ers: 4 
Trip Reports (0)

Wildflowers in September??

Post by DenneyR »

Every year for the last 10 years, I've headed to Colorado in June to catch the wildflowers. This year I'm coming in September to see the Aspens.
Will there be any kind of wild flowers blooming in September?
Also, by mid-September will the elk have begun bugling?
tlerunner
14ers: 27 
13ers: 57
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Wildflowers in September??

Post by tlerunner »

Arctic Genetians will be blooming in the tundra.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Sometimes there are flowers in September, but this year has been extremely dry. They might all be gone by then.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
bf31415
14ers: 18 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by bf31415 »

The willows on the approach to Bierstadt and G&T change colors and for me make it distinctively fall-ish
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Post by peter303 »

Flowers disappear after the first significant frost.
That can be as early as late August above the treeline and as late as early November at foothill level.