Calendar

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Calendar

Post by pvnisher »

I know this has been brought up, but I don't recall the resolution of why it hasn't happened.

Looking at some of the photos y'all post makes me realize there's some great photographers and images on this site. How about putting them in an annual calendar? Proceeds go to (14ers.com site maintenance, or trail upkeep or whatever). Categories like wildlife, clouds, black and white, people/action, whatever, and the top votes from each category get in.

I know I'd buy one.
WanderingJim
14ers: 17 
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Calendar

Post by WanderingJim »

Actually, I did throw together a calendar for my Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru pictures. Partly since i couldn't find any good Kili calendars and since I took the time to choose pictures for my own use as a calendar, I figured I'd throw one up on Zazzle.

https://www.zazzle.com/mount_kilimanjar ... 5780095435

Only got ONE sale so far, so not getting rich at it. :)
Last edited by WanderingJim on Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seano
14ers: 56 
13ers: 218
Trip Reports (3)

Post by seano »

There’s not much money in it. You can sell the things for about twice the cost of printing them, and not many people will buy them.
Wilbur Simmons
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Wilbur Simmons »

Yeah, and most of the time, people would prefer to look at the calendars from their phones rather than printed ones.