Camera repair in Colo?

Camera equipment and technique for taking photos.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
eaagaard
14ers: 16 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Camera repair in Colo?

Post by eaagaard »

Understood!

If you stick with a reputable outfit, though, they’ll stand behind the purchase with a warranty. They will also have a grade on their merchandise (very good, moderate, bargain,ugly, etc.) and will explains what each grade means in terms of wear and quality. To use KEH as an example again, I’ve never had an issue with anything I’ve bought used from them. And mostly their ratings of the quality of the items have been very conservative.

Bottom line, I believe: If you are going to stick with film cameras, you’ll eventually have no choice but to take a chance on buying used. Repairs will become harder and more expensive to have done. In that case, I’d recommend buying from an objective, professional third party than a stranger on Craigslist or EBay.

If you want to repair your Nikon, are you dead set on a Colorado repair facility? I’m asking because you’ll open your options considerably if you search for repair facilities nationwide. Yes, you’ll have to ship it to and from - but that’s no big deal.

Just my thoughts. I respect that it means a lot, coming from your dad!
REM12082010
14ers: 31 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by REM12082010 »

CameraWorks here in Colorado Springs does excellent camera/lens repair on both Digital and Film equipment.

https://www.cameraworksco.com/

In my experience I have found them to be knowledgeable, honest and reasonable
jrs1965
14ers: 58  1  3 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jrs1965 »

REM12082010 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:05 pm CameraWorks here in Colorado Springs does excellent camera/lens repair on both Digital and Film equipment.

https://www.cameraworksco.com/

In my experience I have found them to be knowledgeable, honest and reasonable
I've been less than impressed with Cameraworks here in the Springs and generally don't go there. I think the Mike's Camera here in the Springs is better. Mike's here in the Springs will ship to their Boulder facility for most repairs. Bigger repairs they'll ship back to the manufacturer. I had used Criscam.com in Arizona for one of my repairs. They did an excellent job repairing, but the insurance for the shipping can be pricey...
+Gravy
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by +Gravy »

Thank you for being so thoughtful in your responses.