Android app, Download Failed

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
PeakoBaggins
Trip Reports (0)

Android app, Download Failed

Post by PeakoBaggins »

For some reason I cannot download pictures for offline use. It just says download failed. I have cleared the cache, Uninstalled and reinstalled, and not sure why it won't let me download.
Attachments
Latest Version
Latest Version
Screenshot_20220717-174248.jpg (88.74 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
Download failed
Download failed
Screenshot_20220717-174152.jpg (96.53 KiB) Viewed 2904 times
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Download Failed

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Not sure why but I'm looking into it now...
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Download Failed

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Found a problem with the routes feed for the Android app but it was on the website side and I just applied a fix.

Since that Harvard Combo route your were trying to download photos for was messed up, you'll need to clear the app data on your device. You can do this by going to the Settings tab (in the 14ers.com app) and then go to Problems and select "Clear App Data and Reset." That should get a better copy of the route and allow you to download photos.

Sorry for the problem
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs