Android app crashing on Google Maps link

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
daway8
14ers: 58  24 
13ers: 155 29
Trip Reports (70)

Android app crashing on Google Maps link

Post by daway8 »

Anyone else using the Android app finding it crashing everytime you click on the "Getting There" link that normally brings up Google Maps with directions to the trailhead?

I've tried it for a dozen or so peaks across all ranges and they all crash the app. Already tried rebooting the phone...
WVMountaineer
14ers: 58  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Android app crashing on Google Maps link

Post by WVMountaineer »

Yes! Hoping to add a data point. I had this exact thing happen to me on Friday driving down to hike Kit and Challenger. Also tried restarting the app and phone at the time with no luck. Also, the app is wonderful and thank you for all the hard work that goes into it. Am I blind or is there no longer a cheers emoji? :Beer:
"There are two ways to measure life; the number of days you simply exist or the number of days you spend truly living your human experience." 14ers.com user goingup
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

I’ll take a look later this week when I get home. Can’t do much about it right now. Sounds like the TH pages with directions still work, just not the GMaps link.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

UPDATE:

And just to make sure, are you using the latest version, v3.0.14? It was released recently. Version can be checked in Settings.

The Getting There page problem may have been fixed in that update.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
daway8
Trip Reports (70)

Post by daway8 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:46 pm UPDATE:

And just to make sure, are you using the latest version, v3.0.14? It was released recently. Version can be checked in Settings.

The Getting There page problem may have been fixed in that update.
It just updated for me and now the problem is fixed - thanks!
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Woot!

And now you have a lot More Information, including elevation, on the trailhead page!
daway8
Trip Reports (70)

Post by daway8 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:02 pm Woot!

And now you have a lot More Information, including elevation, on the trailhead page!
Sweet! Though I just checked a couple (Bells and Little Bear) and they say elevation unknown...
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

daway8 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:05 pm
BillMiddlebrook wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:02 pm Woot!

Sweet! Though I just checked a couple (Bells and Little Bear) and they say elevation unknown...
Yessir. So when I update a TH on the site, the mobile apps pick up the changes the next time you open. So, I just need to update all of the THs in the next couple of days and you’ll get the elevations when the app opens. Im hiking right now but will be back home in a couple of days to update the THs. :)