Mobile iOS app crashing

Information on 14ers.com Mobile apps.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Troll posts will be removed.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Rotrypwr
Trip Reports (0)

Mobile iOS app crashing

Post by Rotrypwr »

The 14ers.com app for iOS will not work, crashes constantly. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? App developers, please look into and update the app.
dwoodward13
14ers: 58  12 
13ers: 157 6
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Mobile iOS app crashing

Post by dwoodward13 »

No issues on iOS 15.5, app version 3.0.8.

Might make sure you are on the latest app version, there have been significant updates recently.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Rotrypwr wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:09 am The 14ers.com app for iOS will not work, crashes constantly. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? App developers, please look into and update the app.
Which app version? Will start with “3.0.”

I’ll need a bit more info
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

I haven't heard back from the OP and don't see many crash reports from Apple that provide guidance.

However, tomorrow (Saturday), I'll be releasing v3.0.10 of the iOS app which was scheduled to fix a few things, including some crashes I've seen in iOS 15.0-15.5 when downloading Peak Condition and Trailhead Status Updates on a slow-ish network connection.

Hopefully this update helps the OP but if he/she is facing constant crashes when simply opening the app, I'll need more info to look into that...
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
Trip Reports (2)

Closed.

I heard back from the OP and a reinstall took care of the problem so I'm not sure of the cause.