Forum rules
This forum is read-only
COmedic04
14ers: 38  4 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (6)

Re: Girl in a Green Subaru...

Post by COmedic04 »

XPLSV wrote:I came back from Breckenridge this weekend thru Fairplay, Hartsel, etc...so I was kind of close to Buena Vista. I kept my eyes open, but alas, no green subaru... :cry:
:lol: Thanks for checkin'!
"The mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion."
- Anatoly Boukreev
reiwan
Trip Reports (0)

Post by reiwan »

I was hoping after 6 pages of replies there would have been some good news. Im so dissappointed! :P

good look with the search.
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

Before this thread started, I'd never realized how many green Subarus there are out there....
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
J-RockandRockpile
Trip Reports (0)

Post by J-RockandRockpile »

Jim Davies wrote:Before this thread started, I'd never realized how many green Subarus there are out there....
I'm surprised you never noticed... there everywhere! (not that thats a bad thing)
I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good
mtnbikir
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtnbikir »

Not green, but just saw a similar cutie in a blue Subaru with Summit City Tags and a bunch of ski stickers on a yak box on 225. Bump!
COmedic04
14ers: 38  4 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (6)

Post by COmedic04 »

mtnbikir wrote:Not green, but just saw a similar cutie in a blue Subaru with Summit City Tags and a bunch of ski stickers on a yak box on 225. Bump!
Apparently, it's a Subaru thing...girl + Subaru = outdoorsy and hot? :wink:
"The mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion."
- Anatoly Boukreev
fvhayden
Trip Reports (0)

Post by fvhayden »

Maybe these mystery girls in Subarus are playing for the other team. They aren't called Lesba-rus for nothing. :wink:
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

fvhayden wrote:Maybe these mystery girls in Subarus are playing for the other team. They aren't called Lesba-rus for nothing. :wink:
Or perhaps that’s just something you tell yourself to justify that lonely feeling of rejection when women dismiss you as a narrow-minded, short-sighted dolt, foolish enough to believe a woman’s sexual persuasion may be determined by the make and model of her ride.

Seriously dude, no offense, but that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard all day! Perhaps you meant to express your thoughts in pink – for sarcasm, mind you, unless you also believe you can determine a man’s sexual persuasion by the color of his words?

Besides, everyone knows that real lesbians only drive – oh crap, I can’t tell you – I’m sworn to secrecy by the solemn pledge of the sisterhood of the green Subaru-driving man-lovers, an ancient tribe of female Impreza hatchback owners that hide their true sexuality beneath the covers of their stealthy – what did you call them?
Oh yeah – “Les-barus.” Wink. :wink:

-Susan, proud owner of a green Subaru and avid man-lover since 1960!
Greenhouseguy
14ers: 41  10 
13ers: 185 5
Trip Reports (71)

Post by Greenhouseguy »

Lesbarus? I remember hearing them referred to as "Lesbian Limousines" once on Will and Grace. My wife is as straight as an arrow, and she's on her third Sooby. She didn't care much for that name. I have a family member who is a lesbian, and she drives a Neon with a bumper sticker on the back that says:

"Sorry I Missed Church, I've been Busy Practicing Witchcraft and Becoming a Lesbian."

We have some lovely discussions over dinner at my house...every time the phone rings, I'm afraid that it's Jerry Springer.
"May your boulder be your blessing." - Aron Ralston
MUni Rider
14ers: 51 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (20)

Post by MUni Rider »

Greenhouseguy wrote:.... I have a family member who is a lesbian, and she drives a Neon with a bumper sticker on the back that says:

"Sorry I Missed Church, I've been Busy Practicing Witchcraft and Becoming a Lesbian."

We have some lovely discussions over dinner at my house...every time the phone rings, I'm afraid that it's Jerry Springer.

Next time just skip the small talk and tell her to bring over some friends... :lol:

My Ex girlfriend drove a suby. Not a lesbian.

My Ex wife drove a Jeep Cherokee. Bi/Lesbian. Look out for non-cowgirls in 4x4s who play rugby and are strippers. Big tip off. Oh yeah, and we put the SAME bumper sticker on the Jeep.

I'm kinda hoping the next one drives a Porsche just to spice things up. (how much camping gear can you fit in a Porsche)... I'll be sure to start a thread on what trailheads I can drive it to if this ever happens. :mrgreen:
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)
grizz
Trip Reports (0)

Post by grizz »

I’m a proud owner of a blue Outback, avid women lover since 1976. I’m now married so let me rephrase – I’m a proud owner of a blue Outback, loving my wife for 5 years.
Colorado Native
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Perfect :D

Thanks guys… …now that the secret’s out, I guess one of us should start keeping score. It goes like this:
  • Neon = Lesbian
    Jeep Cherokee = Bisexual (women only though – not sure what bisexual men drive)
    Subaru = Avid lover of the opposite sex, sometimes even married to said member!
    Unicycle = MUni Rider (rare, cycle-sexual subspecies found only at high altitudes along the Colorado Rockies)
And hey ladies – if you forget the "car code" and make the mistake of getting a little too stupid drunk and dragging the wrong type home ("wrong type" being gender neutral – bad one night stands come in all sizes, shapes, colors – and sexualities), here’s a cool way to get rid of him/her in a jiffy!

Remember that special piece of gear you bought for those cold winter campouts? It may just have replaced the axe as the ultimate multi-tool.