Girl in a Green Subaru...

The Classics
Forum rules
This forum is read-only
grizz
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Girl in a Green Subaru...

Post by grizz »

Susan let me clarify…I was a homosexual until 1976 when I bought my Subaru. After the first night with my Subaru I started experiencing sexual feelings for the opposite sex. That all makes sense to me, but what I don’t understand, is why I started to pee sitting down after the purchase of my second Subaru.
Colorado Native
Skip Perkins
14ers: 52 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Skip Perkins »

Grizz, Because as we age it's easier to hit within the radius of that porcelain thing. And it's easier on the knees.
Susan - If you have ever written a book, I want a copy!!!
Perseverance - The courage to ignore the obvious wisdom of turning back.
COmedic04
14ers: 38  4 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (6)

Post by COmedic04 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was just thinking fondly about girls in green Subarus and this thread, and reread some of the posts...30 minutes and several hearty laughs later... :wink: Susan, thanks for the great posts! I love it! :lol:
"The mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion."
- Anatoly Boukreev
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Awww... thanks dude! There is some pretty funny stuff in this thread... what was I drinking back then?
I just got rid of my own green Subie, and picked up a Vapor Blue Suzuki SX4. So, maybe we should update the "car code":
  • Suzuki SX4 = women who used to drive Subarus and got sick and tired of being mistaken for lesbians!
No offense to my gay sisters out there... you know I love you all, but I just have this thing for those big sweaty men.

And Ryan - may you someday meet, fall in love, climb Montezuma's tower, and drive off into the sunset - with that elusive young lady, in the green Subaru... I know she's out there!
boulderemt
Trip Reports (0)

Post by boulderemt »

HAHA I know this is in the past but I thought of it when I saw a green Subaru with a BV sticker on it in the parking lot of Breck yesterday. No 14ers sticker though
sstratta
14ers: 57  11  14 
13ers: 121 11 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by sstratta »

I love how many straight subaru-driving females (now including me) have responded to this post compared to lesbian subaru drivers...maybe it's time to change the stereotype! come to think of it...all of the female subaru drivers i know (maybe 5) are straight! maybe it's just because they are awesome cars...
Snowgirl
14ers: 15  7 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Snowgirl »

sstratta wrote:maybe it's just because they are awesome cars...
+1 Love my Subaru. And men. On another note, I saw a green Subaru Outback (older model) in the A-Basin parking lot with a 14ers.com sticker on it and lots of other bumper stickers. Maybe you need to hang around ski area parking lots?
Such things for example as the grasp of a child's hand in your own, the flavor of an apple, the embrace of a friend or lover...sunlight on rock and leaves, the feel of music, the bark of a tree, the abrasion of granite and sand, the plunge of clear water into a pool, the face of the wind--- what else is there? What else do we need?
--Edward Abbey
England
Trip Reports (0)

Post by England »

I've never seen this thread before. I may be able to put your mystery to rest. I will post picks of my green subie with all of the sickers as mentioned. Unforntunately for you, that's my girl dude!
Peter Gallagher quote: "Many people say I move fast for a guy that's out of shape. Then I just remind them that round is a shape".

I have survived 3 avalanches...all my fault. yes i'm a dumb-ass!
COmedic04
14ers: 38  4 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (6)

Post by COmedic04 »

Ahh...the thread that never ends. :mrgreen:
England wrote:I've never seen this thread before. I may be able to put your mystery to rest. I will post picks of my green subie with all of the sickers as mentioned. Unforntunately for you, that's my girl dude!
:lol: Nice! Well in that case, good on ya, mate! :wink: In the meantime, I'll continue being a serial single summiter...although my little girl is finally getting old enough to come with me; I'm buying her first climbing harness for Christmas this year!! :D :D

Besides...if Susan's to be believed, I think a gorgeous climber gal in a green Cherokee might be more...adventurous! \:D/
"The mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion."
- Anatoly Boukreev
pnolans
14ers: 7 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pnolans »

I just found this thread. It's really great. Hehehe

Chicks in Subaru's Lesbians? I've known a few very attractive women who drive Subies that weren't Lesbians, they just had enough sense to not get involved with me! Well, we just stayed in the Friend Zone. Hahahaha. I don't think I've ever blamed a rejection on the woman being a Lesbian. Just the way it works out sometimes.

So, CoMedic, if I see her driving down the road, should I run her off the road? Tell her to check out this thread? Don't worry, just kidding .

But if I could talk to her safely, I would send her to this thread. I basically have found that I'll talk to just about anybody, no matter how stupid it seems. Hmmm.... maybe that has something about my previous very painful admission. :)
"Hey Queen Isabella,
stay away from that fella
He'll just get you into trouble, you know"
Common Sense John Prine
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

This was one of the first threads I read when logging on for the first time, and was laughing thoroughly; glad to see it made the cut during Bill's last old-thread-purge.

I would have to agree with COMedic; a Cherokee allows for more adventure... more room, for one thing. A green Cherokee and a gorgeous climber gal? Well, you've probably used up all your alloted wishes by then.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
iamthemarmot
Trip Reports (0)

Post by iamthemarmot »

wildlobo71 wrote: A green Cherokee and a gorgeous climber gal? Well, you've probably used up all your alloted wishes by then.
LOL! This reminds me of the original "Bedazzled" where Dudley Moore tells the devil (George Spiggott) he wants the girl, they're both madly in love with each other **Julie Andrews**
and he shows up as a nun in a covenant! (sorry chap, you didn't mention what your sex was!?!?!?! ppphhhtttt!!!)

I believe there's something to be said for exploring beautiful places. It's good for the spirit. David Scott