The Classics
Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Mel McKinney
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Girl in a Green Subaru...

Post by Mel McKinney »

drodriguez wrote:I hope you find her. It sounds like the beginning of a movie. If you don't find her for a few years, sounds like the beginning of a John Cusak movie.
Visions of COmedic04 standing with a "boom box" over his head. Hmm... :-k

Say Anythingi.jpg
Say Anythingi.jpg (41.84 KiB) Viewed 9884 times
[/url]
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")
upndown
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by upndown »

COmedic04 wrote: Being the dork that I am, I waved and proceeded to plaster my face with the goofiest grin I could muster...
The question I have is, did she wave back? Smile? Flip you off? Indifferent? Maybe it was the Surfer Girl Roach refers to. The one you'll never find.
Dreams don't care if you are happy. They only care that they have been lived.
Hobopoet
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Hobopoet »

Some time ago, in Phoenix, I think, someone set up a business for people wanted to be noticed, and contacted, through their vehicles. Participants would place a coded sticker in their windows. Anyone interested could find out in detail what that person was looking for and proceed accordingly. I wonder what ever happened to all that? :)
gdthomas
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by gdthomas »

Hobopoet wrote:Some time ago, in Phoenix, I think, someone set up a business for people wanted to be noticed, and contacted, through their vehicles. Participants would place a coded sticker in their windows. Anyone interested could find out in detail what that person was looking for and proceed accordingly. I wonder what ever happened to all that? :)
That "someone" is Bill Middlebrook and the business was converted to a website called...
JQDivide
14ers: 58  33 
13ers: 115 1
Trip Reports (58)

Post by JQDivide »

Wrong Movie....it's American Graffiti.... you just need to do what Richard Dreyfess did and get Wolfman Jack to send out a message over the radio.

Mel McKinney wrote:
drodriguez wrote:I hope you find her. It sounds like the beginning of a movie. If you don't find her for a few years, sounds like the beginning of a John Cusak movie.

Say Anythingi.jpg
[/url]
rastro
14ers: 27 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rastro »

DELETED
Last edited by rastro on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Different eyes see different things
Different hearts beat on different strings...
Geddy Lee 1980
thunderinacircle
14ers: 22 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by thunderinacircle »

14ers.com should come up with an agreed upon hand signal for this type of situation. That way, comedic would have looked less foolish and not scared this poor woman away from this website for the rest of eternity. :wink: :lol:

rastro, you might want to put a disclaimer on that for those who are at work~
when the moon first rose tonight, my eyes were met with such a beautiful sight. a feeling deep inside so hard to explain, so familiar yet impossible to name. this is the place where dreams come true, a part of me and a part of you. this is where our spirits fly, on beams of light across the sky...and i'll meet you, in the valley of the full moon. as bright as the sun, in the middle of the afternoon.
timm19
14ers: 18 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by timm19 »

JQDivide wrote:Wrong Movie....it's American Graffiti.... you just need to do what Richard Dreyfess did and get Wolfman Jack to send out a message over the radio.

Mel McKinney wrote:

Say Anythingi.jpg
[/url]
Actually, the movie in question was "Serendipity".
covfrrider
14ers: 30  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

thunderinacircle wrote:rastro, you might want to put a disclaimer on that for those who are at work~
wouldn't the words "adult" and "friend" and "finder" strung together be enough of a tip off? #-o
COmedic04
14ers: 38  4 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (6)

Post by COmedic04 »

:lol: Wow...apparently this topic stirred some responses! I am a huge John Cusak fan...and while Serendipity might be appropo, I'd probably fit more along the lines of Better Off Dead...sans the hot French girl! :lol: Image
upndown wrote:The question I have is, did she wave back? Smile? Flip you off? Indifferent? Maybe it was the Surfer Girl Roach refers to. The one you'll never find.
She did smile back, and continued to smile back...haha, and then seemed to have a look on her face like..."Do I know you??" #-o
rastro wrote:hey medic...i think you need this website:

DELETED
No thanks...better keep that one in your "Favorites" folder... :roll:
thunderinacircle wrote:14ers.com should come up with an agreed upon hand signal for this type of situation. That way, comedic would have looked less foolish and not scared this poor woman away from this website for the rest of eternity. :wink: :lol:
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking the whole time!! "Why the hell don't I know sign language for 'I climb 14ers too!'" :lol:
Last edited by COmedic04 on Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion."
- Anatoly Boukreev
rastro
14ers: 27 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rastro »

thunderinacircle wrote:14ers.com should come up with an agreed upon hand signal for this type of situation. That way, comedic would have looked less foolish and not scared this poor woman away from this website for the rest of eternity. :wink: :lol:

rastro, you might want to put a disclaimer on that for those who are at work~
yeah, i think you're right. He saw it already so i should probably edit that out. thanks.
Different eyes see different things
Different hearts beat on different strings...
Geddy Lee 1980
Mel McKinney
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Mel McKinney »

timm19 wrote:
JQDivide wrote:Wrong Movie....it's American Graffiti.... you just need to do what Richard Dreyfess did and get Wolfman Jack to send out a message over the radio.

Actually, the movie in question was "Serendipity".
Yeah, I was just trying to use an image of John Cusack that people know. Actually, COMedic topped me! :lol:
Some of his movies such as "Say Anything," "Serendipity" and even "Better Off Dead" seem to deal with the angst of relationships, or trying to make relationships.

I think CoMedic04 did the 21st century version of trying to send out a message over the radio. :D
Last edited by Mel McKinney on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mountains cast spells on me - Why, because of the way Earth-heaps lie, should I be Chocked by joy mysteriously; stilled or drunken-gay? Why should a brown hill trail Tug at my feet to go? Why should a boggy swale Tune my heart to a nameless tale Mountain marshes know?
--- Belle Turnbull ("Mountain-Mad")