Post by flashover00 »

so much for leave no trace... #-o
peaks2paddles
14ers: 16 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (0)

Re: stuck truck on Mt. Cameron

Post by peaks2paddles »

And people wonder why there are access issues...
"Not all who wander are lost..."
thunderinacircle
14ers: 22 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by thunderinacircle »

bayouboy wrote:Does anyone else have an urge to go and see if we can flip the truck down hill? [-o<

Yes.
when the moon first rose tonight, my eyes were met with such a beautiful sight. a feeling deep inside so hard to explain, so familiar yet impossible to name. this is the place where dreams come true, a part of me and a part of you. this is where our spirits fly, on beams of light across the sky...and i'll meet you, in the valley of the full moon. as bright as the sun, in the middle of the afternoon.
rlw49
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rlw49 »

stock tires, step up bar, probably his first time out of the cul-de-sac. hope he has sufficient credit on his plastic.
i have to say i feel sorry for the guy, but this should be high up there on "One of Lifes Cruel Lessons"
hope he didn't lock the keys in the truck
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

I'm pretty sure the road up Bross (via Mineral Park / Bristlecone Park) is a county road. A few years back, I discussed this with the USFS and I think the records show that it's a county road up to the Cameron-Bross saddle. That's why it remains open. If there's a gate on this road, I don't know where it is.

Steve, wasn't the vandalized gate the one on the road up Lincoln, from Quartzville? I remember seeing it when it was damaged and it has since been reinforced and has a much more sturdy chain and "No Trespassing" sign. That gate is on the stretch of road that climbs out of Cameron Amphitheater and onto Lincoln's east shoulder.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

burningthebushes wrote:That aint good for toyota. We all know any dumb redneck in a chevy can make it up Cameron!
Yup, my Chevy could have made it up there without issue - in 2WD with the Megadeth blasting!

Just kidding! I would never do something so stupid. Even the "Y-chromosome" thing doesn't explain this one.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
larkinrx2
14ers: 35 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by larkinrx2 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I'm pretty sure the road up Bross (via Mineral Park / Bristlecone Park) is a county road. A few years back, I discussed this with the USFS and I think the records show that it's a county road up to the Cameron-Bross saddle. That's why it remains open. If there's a gate on this road, I don't know where it is.

thanks for the info, i think i now know the only way that i would repeat bross! :lol:
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.
Tortoise1
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tortoise1 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I'm pretty sure the road up Bross (via Mineral Park / Bristlecone Park) is a county road. A few years back, I discussed this with the USFS and I think the records show that it's a county road up to the Cameron-Bross saddle. That's why it remains open. If there's a gate on this road, I don't know where it is.
I just hiked it a about a week ago - no gate anywhere. I saw several 4WD and one dirt bike. I think the dirt bike actually went to the Bross summit. I assumed it was a kid but when he got up close he looked like a 60 year old.
Papillon
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 324 7
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Papillon »

Tortoise1 wrote:I assumed it was a kid but when he got up close he looked like a 60 year old.
Was he packing a banjo?

Never underestimate the power of in-breeding.

I guess this makes me a member of the "anti-enjoyment" crowd...
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs
Vicious-Peanut
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Vicious-Peanut »

Papillon wrote:
Tortoise1 wrote:I assumed it was a kid but when he got up close he looked like a 60 year old.
Was he packing a banjo?

If there is a road, whats the problem? I guess this is why there is a such a rift in the (responsible) 4wheeling crowd and the hikers/climbers.

Sad really.
Last edited by Vicious-Peanut on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tortoise1
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tortoise1 »

Papillon wrote:
Was he packing a banjo?

That's the guy!