The Baron Von Bergshrund is one of the following people

Poll ended at Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:13 pm

1 - Cushman
23%
2 - Andy Leach
31%
3 - Jared Workman
9%
4 - CVRTI5 (highly unlikely, but this is the internet, his gauge of wind speed makes this more unbelievable)
10%
5 - Any other suggestions???
28%

Total votes: 94
covfrrider
14ers: 30  3 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Who is the Baron??

Post by covfrrider »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Cov, I think you guys should invite Gary Swing over to the erroroneoussmilehighwhateverthing and have some political debates with him. Now that would provide some quality evening entertainment.
I would, but I don't know what/where/who it is. Probably rustic. Everyone s**t on him pretty good around here, he'd have more of an axe to grind than anyone I suppose. Whoever it is was pretty smart, they got poor ol' Mikey and Kevvie to expose their work IP addresses.
covfrrider
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

ezsuperkev wrote:
covfrrider wrote:Hmm... guess I don't know who you are referring to... sigh.
Yes you do. Some might call him....

G

But you and I know who he is. ;)
Really... who is this "G" you speak of... tell us all!
covfrrider
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

ezsuperkev wrote:
covfrrider wrote:Really... who is this "G" you speak of... tell us all!
Not something I'm going to waste Bill's bandwidth on.

If people are interested there is a PM button.
So basically you don't know anymore than I do... g was just as anonymous to to me as he is to you. What's funny is all the conjecture about who the "real" g is. To my knowledge, no one has ever met him. If I did, I'd shake his hand though... :lol:
strongmelon
Trip Reports (0)

Post by strongmelon »

ezsuperkev wrote:
As I said above. If people are interested in who G really is/was use the PM button. Not going to waste more time on here about it.
kansas
Trip Reports (4)

Post by kansas »

JB99 wrote:Longmonster is not the Baron people, despite everyone welcoming him back as if he is.
My thoughts exactly, and I don't really care who strongmelon is. Mountains have a way of humbling the truly experienced among us, rarely does someone of his self proclaimed caliber feel the need to brag about their accomplishments. I have yet to see anything in his endless spraying of posts that makes me think he is anything other than a forum junkie with decent google-fu.

After 2 pages of these guys p!ssing all over another good thread, I figured it might be time to put this back on track...
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer
covfrrider
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

ezsuperkev wrote:
covfrrider wrote:This one is more your speed: “Nothing Brings People together more, then mutual hatred” -- Henry Rollins
Right. Except CC and I don't spend our weekends making blogs and videos about other people. We finished highschool a while ago.
:roll:
ezsuperkev wrote:was thinking

Sent: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:13 am
To: covfrrider

Maybe Corduroy Calves and I should make a youtube cartoon about how G is really Greenhouse guy.

That would be some funny s**t eh ?
Neither do I Kevvie... your beef is with someone other than me, maybe you should direct your pent up anger that direction.
KeithK
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 20
Trip Reports (51)

Post by KeithK »

kansas wrote: After 2 pages of these guys p!ssing all over another good thread, I figured it might be time to put this back on track...
Good luck with that!
Snow is dumb.™
Stop cyber bullying!
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

kansas wrote: a forum junkie with decent google-fu.
:lol: :lol: I like that.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

KeithK wrote:
kansas wrote: After 2 pages of these guys p!ssing all over another good thread, I figured it might be time to put this back on track...
Good luck with that!
That wouldn't have happened if someone hadn't decided to use 14ers.com as a device to promote his blog #-o

(and I would be fine if Bill deleted the last few pages, BTW)
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
covfrrider
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

CorduroyCalves wrote:
KeithK wrote:
Good luck with that!
That wouldn't have happened if someone hadn't decided to use 14ers.com as a device to promote his blog #-o

(and I would be fine if Bill deleted the last few pages, BTW)
Haha Mikey, I wish it were my blog, but it's not. :( How is your cartoon project coming along?
CorduroyCalves
14ers: 16 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by CorduroyCalves »

covfrrider wrote:

Maybe Corduroy Calves and I should make a youtube cartoon about how G is really Greenhouse guy.

Neither do I Kevvie... your beef is with someone other than me, maybe you should direct your pent up anger that direction.
You're lucky Bill is as tolerant as he is with you. Not only do you get away with advertising your own stupid blog/youtube on his website, you post private messages for other folks to see, and most other forums dismiss users for doing so.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir
covfrrider
Trip Reports (9)

Post by covfrrider »

CorduroyCalves wrote:
covfrrider wrote:

You're lucky Bill is as tolerant as he is with you. Not only do you get away with advertising your own stupid blog/youtube on his website, you post private messages for other folks to see, and most other forums dismiss users for doing so.
Cheese with the whine perhaps? Maybe covfrrider IS Bill Middlebrook? We really don't know who anyone is these days do we?

I'm flattered that you hold me in such high esteem as to create a testament to you guys, I wish I had the time... but work keeps me pretty busy these days.

Enjoy your fantasy.