Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Moboy56
14ers: 3 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Please help us decide!

Post by Moboy56 »

just to add fuel to the fire, in his profile picture, (if it is indeed our hero) the gaiters appear to be on wrong. i believe the buckle and logo go on the outside of the leg/boot. just an observation :P
“The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.”
Jack London
Ridge runner
14ers: 49  12 
13ers: 100 1
Trip Reports (12)

Post by Ridge runner »

After reading through this entire thread I am disappointed in the level of respect and maturity posted by a number of you. I’m not going to pick a side and join in on the mudslinging. It’s a new year, let’s start it off right and show each other a little more respect. Everyone knows the Golden Rule, how about we try to live by it? There is enough hate in this world that we do not need to feed the devil.

Happy climbing to all and have a wonderful 2011! :D
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

slynn4_13run wrote:After reading through this entire thread I am disappointed in the level of respect and maturity posted by a number of you. I’m not going to pick a side and join in on the mudslinging. It’s a new year, let’s start it off right and show each other a little more respect. Everyone knows the Golden Rule, how about we try to live by it? There is enough hate in this world that we do not need to feed the devil.

HERE, HERE. :iluvbeer:
hotrod
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hotrod »

+1!!!
Growing older is inevitable, but getting old is not.
theo9805
14ers: 7 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by theo9805 »

slynn4_13run wrote:After reading through this entire thread I am disappointed in the level of respect and maturity posted by a number of you. I’m not going to pick a side and join in on the mudslinging. It’s a new year, let’s start it off right and show each other a little more respect. Everyone knows the Golden Rule, how about we try to live by it? There is enough hate in this world that we do not need to feed the devil.

hotrod wrote:+1!!!
+2
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

I've been gone for three days in the mountains; Capital in a day, the Bells in half a day and 7 more 14ers. I've missed out on a lot. This thread has turned into a Festivus Miracle!
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
DaveSwink
14ers: 37  12 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (6)

Post by DaveSwink »

The OP accepted some advice offered. I think he misintepreted the questions from a few posters trying to be helpful. There were a lot of patronizing comments that could not viewed as courteous or intended to provide information.

I do not agree that the appropriate response is to post pictures of dead animals That is supposed to be humorous?
MUni Rider
14ers: 51 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (20)

Post by MUni Rider »

Everyone has to admit that it's been a while since the days of Kimmie, TGC, & rustic/western and maybe a couple others. I guess we were long over due for another one.
:cartman:
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

susanjoypaul wrote: You two should team up. By the looks of your own climbing resume, you're a climbing god next to this guy.
Have fun. Dill-holes unite.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't believe I missed this thread until now...
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
sgladbach
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 710 37
Trip Reports (29)

Post by sgladbach »

What the hell. I tried to diffuse and distract to no avail, so I guess I'll strip down and jump in (didn't bring my suit.) This thread needs 200 replies minimum.
susanjoypaul wrote:Have fun. Dill-holes unite.
Aren't dills the "anti-hole?"
"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
bmullen37
14ers: 23 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bmullen37 »

we all need to grow up!
That being said, there is only one way to settle this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXh3XR9zyM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bmullen37
14ers: 23 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bmullen37 »

bmullen37 wrote:we all need to grow up!
That being said, there is only one way to settle this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnXh3XR9zyM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Honor and diplomacy