This forum is read-only
DeucesWild
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Our Portable Hot Tub for 14k feet.

Post by DeucesWild »

Matt Lemke wrote:You are right about that....you're not one of them
Matt Lemke wrote:Alright I'm out...I can see no one gets my dry sense of humor. I post helpful information when I can, and post humorous commentary to spice things up...guess this isn't what people here are looking for.

From now on you'll only see my posts if I am looking for a climbing partner.

Over and out.....
Promises, promises.
Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

http://www.deuceIRA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

I wanna know when the next attempt at taking this thing to 14k feet is, certainly a substantial feat carrying up all the equipment...now, how to incorporate hot tubbing + ski descent is the real question ;)
http://wanderingthemountains.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GreenHorn
Trip Reports (4)

Re:

Post by GreenHorn »

Matt Lemke wrote:Lordhelmut, you make me sick!
Matt, it seems you're overly sensitive today. So, let me apologize in advance if I make you sick or disgust you. Good luck with finals and your summer of dirt-bagging.
MUni Rider wrote:
I look forward to hearing about the next time as you continue to dial in the set-up.
Rest assured - there is no doubt we will ALL hear about it.
wildlobo71 wrote:
I'm not crying about anything - reread objectively - this is the first time I've seen this thread, and it just comes off on a "haha you failed, you didn't get the hot tub to 14K, you don't know how to calculate things..." just petty small crap, and yeah - it was pretty negative - read it from MountainFever's position. Humilility

I don't think anyone here is gloating when someone fails. Personally, I'm just annoyed that we were bombarded with posts for a month about this silly party/project and then get a haughty "hey look at me" when the damn thing never got out of the parking lot.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humility" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for all the naysayers throwing around things like science and logic (Bean, Crossfitter, Kansas - I'm looking at you), please be aware that Mandy don't give a F**K. I guess she's sort of like a Honey Badger that way. 2% of users posts were dedicated to not giving a F**K. - yes I calculated. I attempted to link to some examples below, but I failed... and I don't mind admitting it.

edited to omit broken links
Redleg Bruce
14ers: 10 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (2)

Post by Redleg Bruce »

kansas wrote:So let me get this straight, after 2 months of bragging about your grand plan to haul this sh!tshow to the top of a 14er, and flat out refusing to take helpful advice from others because your engineer friends have it all figured out, the end result is using already melted water at the Kite Lake parking lot? Ummm well done, I guess?

Maybe we should just combine this thread with http://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34702
Way to make Kansas folks look like jackasses pal.
Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU... WOOOO!

Field Artillery go BOOM!
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

Things to take away from this thread :

1 - Veronikas Mandy just doesn't give a f**k
2 - Veronikas Mandy would go stir crazy without social media and/or an arena to flaunt her free spirited, feel goodery, livin on the edge, relocation of LoDo to the mountains, adventures.
3 - Matt Lemke is sick and disgusted at people today
4 - Wildlobo has trouble deciphering between logical feedback and negativity.
5 - You need to watch 180 Degree South in order to 1 - learn how to really live and 2 - figure out how to design a make shift hot tub in a popular 14er Trailhead.
6 - Veronikas Mandy would make a fine CEO of a large corporation
7 - Veronikas Mandy doesn't always abide by the LNT policy
8 - Veronikas Mandy is an engineer
9 - I will no longer defend 14er World folks when they tee off on this site.
10 - The Avery Brewery was robbed of 96 beers.
11 - We've all got one life to live. Gaining attention on public forums is important, useless posts : good beta ratios are a thing of the past and Veronikas Mandy just doesn't give a f**k.
MUni Rider
14ers: 51 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (20)

Post by MUni Rider »

Gee-zus, really? :-k I am a bit taken a-back at the way some people here have "gone to the bad place" over the way someone else had decided to think outside the box for a memorable way to spend her birthday. Just because she decided to not worry about the math and science of it all and just build the pool and see how it goes, at what ever altitude fate would allow her? That sounds exactly like the way I would have approached it. Just make the sucker and whatever happens, happens. She had an awesome time and jumped on here to talk about it, just as several of us here had asked her to in the original post a while back. Not sure why she has been villified by so many. Seems like a lot of people have a need to get the last word in, and so the insults continues. Not even worth the Cartman smilie.

MountainFever, you are welcome in my hot-tub any time.... If I had one; or if I build one (someday!)---after I finish my other projects.
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)
Maximillion
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Maximillion »

MUni Rider wrote:.............Seems like a lot of people have a need to get the last word in, and so the insults continues.............
Ahhh, the Last One to Respond Wins ....... Brings back such good memories. Except this time there is the evil twist of adding insult. ...... Kind of like Dr. Evil asking his love child Scottie to not just have a petting zoo, but an evil petting zoo. :twisted:
mountainmicah83
14ers: 58  3  10 
13ers: 10 1
Trip Reports (24)

Post by mountainmicah83 »

Was that Ellies Brown in a can I saw?

I thought they quit canning that stuff. Now I feel like I missed out! Looks like you guys had fun.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Jim Davies »

"Look at me" to "I'm done with this thread" in 5.5 hours - we might have a new record. Notify the media!
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
cheeseburglar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 79 2 1
Trip Reports (8)

Post by cheeseburglar »

Let's all remember the old prospector saying:
"The early bird gets the worm, but the first human gets killed and the second learns from the first's mistakes and claims the mine."
Who's in for the second try?
Is it a race? Is there another team in the hunt to claim the first hot tub on top of 14er prize?
Stay tuned.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

Last edited by tmathews on Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.