The Classics
Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Cruiser
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (6)

Re: 2 Guys Hiking Bierstadt Tuesday 7-31 Want Advice

Post by Cruiser »

"don't insult the great camillo....it WILL come back to haunt you on the mountain."

:iluvbeer:
Where ever you are... There you are.
Sgt_Wilky
14ers: 17 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Sgt_Wilky »

gregory_fischer wrote:
wildlobo71 wrote:
live4pc wrote:Didn't gary swing say he had no access to get online??
Yes, his lifestyle didn't allow for the access, so he was... maybe I'm incorrect... going to the local library branch? He had me in stitches...

Oh, and be sure to vote green this year: Not my choice
Anyone who supports the farcical Kellogg-Briand Pact of 1928 has been hit by one too many rocks without wearing a helmet on Mt. Wilson.

You said, "Farcical..." :mrgreen: :lol:
"The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end" -Genghis Khan

"I sat on top and was immediately addicted. I must do more of this." -SuperPolok

"A man never discloses his own character so clearly as when he describes another's." -Jean Paul Richter
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tmathews »

MountainMedic wrote:Loud noises! Ahhh! Toaster! Platypus!

The above line makes about as much sense as the rest of the posts on this thread. Mr. Middlebrook, can you put an end to this please?

http://www.funnypictures.net.au/images/ ... kes-n1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Get your comments in before it's moved to the "Thread Hall of Fame". Once there, no more comments allowed!

I Man
14ers: 58  49 
13ers: 74 7
Trip Reports (30)

Post by I Man »

Wow. Just, wow.

RangerGuy - Really???? Normally I say that the mountains are for everyone, but you sir, are not the type of person I want to see 100 miles from anything that I am climbing. Get a grip. Holy S#%t.

Brian - I knew this was going to be good when I came back this weekend to a message from you saying "This is gonna be good." You don't lie!
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.
Robzilla
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Robzilla »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I smell Hall of Fame here.
Darwinian wrote:Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Shakethatspear wrote:Hmm...A little crazy? I don't know what to think about all of this but please don't reply to my post because I don't need the drama.
Um, did you know that admins can see poster IP addresses on the forum?
Three of him, huh? I don't think anybody would have caught the third.

Note to self: when taking on second persona to reaffirm my super-awesomness, use the work computer and come up with the profile more than a couple of hours ahead of time.

I'm amazed to see the train is still wrecking, though at this point it's really not got an engine anymore, just lots of momentum.
its_not_a_tuba
14ers: 36  1  2 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (1)

Post by its_not_a_tuba »

I kind of want to go up to Bierstadt tomorrow and watch Rangerguy's day unfold, from a distance of course.
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson
ketel1
14ers: 28 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ketel1 »

Darwinian wrote:Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Shakethatspear wrote:Hmm...A little crazy? I don't know what to think about all of this but please don't reply to my post because I don't need the drama.

WoW! it is so quiet, I think I heard a pinhead drop!

Bill M., you speak softly and carry a big stick. The silence if deafening. And most appreciated. :)
Beth
"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." ~Christopher Reeve
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

its_not_a_tuba wrote:I kind of want to go up to Bierstadt tomorrow and watch Rangerguy's day unfold, from a distance of course.
He might carry a scope and silencer... safest vantage point may be from Argentine Basin.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
TaylorHolt
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 210 7
Trip Reports (8)

Post by TaylorHolt »

In my mind I hear "Finish Him" just before Bill's post.

In b4 HoF!
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer
Jesse M
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Jesse M »

EDIT:
I can't put it into words, but the way this unfolded troubles me. Maybe the use of the PM function could have prevented this?
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Wow, this thread was on the fast track to the Thread Hall of Fame!
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs