Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Kate D
14ers: 50 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: My 14er record attempt

Post by Kate D »

John,

Thanks for sharing your big adventure! By following the SPOTs, it made us feel connected to the events - we were watching those amazingly quick ascents, thinking about what the conditions must be like, and trying to send "good vibes" for a safe return on that rainy night on the Wilsons.

When Paul and I saw you on Mt. Elbert in March, we knew you were considering this amazing endeavor, but couldn't quite grasp the magnitude. You have inspired and amazed us "mere mortals". We were captivated by the SPOTs (Paul kept watching until the last blip near Kenosha Pass), and the blog posts. We are happy you are back home safe, and wish you the best in your future adventures!

Kate and Paul
:)
Buckshot Jake
14ers: 58 
13ers: 71
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Buckshot Jake »

Definitely an inspiring journey! I am glad I was able to meet you on Culebra even if it was just a "Good morning, enjoy your day." Awesome effort, I could not imagine undertaking such an adventure.
Buckshot

14er Finisher No. 1,580 ALL TIME
norseman
14ers: 7 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by norseman »

Amazingly gnarly kick ass week, congrats Homie. Fun to watch as it unfolded, hope you give it another shot.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.
- Edward Abbey
MrJohnnySpot
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MrJohnnySpot »

Congrats Homie on all that you did! And, to everyone that kept this/us all updated, thank you! It's been fun to follow along and nothing short of inspiring.
MK_Husker
14ers: 17 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MK_Husker »

This was an incredible feat of athleticism. Congratulations on your run...my employer probably does not thank you, but I was glued to the screen for a week! Hope your legs heal up quickly.
andyclimbs
14ers: 58  8  3 
13ers: 165 14
Trip Reports (1)

Post by andyclimbs »

Just posted a TR about my experience pacing Homie these past few days. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=12757" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Andy Wellman
ThreeT
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ThreeT »

Great read Andy.
Harvester
14ers: 27  1 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Harvester »

andyclimbs wrote:Just posted a TR about my experience pacing Homie these past few days. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=12757" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Andy Wellman
Thanks Andy for writing all that out, very good read indeed.
Paul S
14ers: 51 
13ers: 164
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Paul S »

Any word on how John's doing after his BIG adventure? Hope he's doing well and recovering nicely. We're still in awe over what he did and went through! :faint:
Prairie Tater
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Prairie Tater »

John, I just want you to know that your family in Missouri is very proud of you for what you've done. And I hope that you are not seriously injured. We are getting together with your mom & dad tomorrow for his birthday. Wish you, Lori & the girls could be there. You and your endeavor will probably be the main topic of conversation. =D> Uncle Terry
cjporter2011
14ers: 2 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cjporter2011 »

Thanks Andy, I enjoyed reading that. Thanks to Bill, as well, for providing us with updates on Homie's blog.

I hope Homie is recovering well and getting some much needed R&R with his wife and daughters.

I like that he kept SPOT going for some of his drive back home. I notice that a handful of his check-ins were where I believe Bongo Billy's sits in Buena Vista. :-P
FireTruck8
14ers: 58 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by FireTruck8 »

Homie, Congratulations on such a valiant effort. As I continue my pursuit of conquering these awesome peaks I will forever push myself just a little harder . Thanks
Cave Dog- Your words of appreciation and recognition of Homies hard work are a testimony to your character, good stuff!!!