Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Phill the Thrill
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 60
Trip Reports (6)

Re: 2014 14er Speed Record Attempt

Post by Phill the Thrill »

I just wanted to add my voice to the cheers for a job well done by Andrew and his team, and sincere wishes for a quick and full recovery.

Hope to see you out there with another attempt in the future!
"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it." - Andy Rooney
rob runkle
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 41
Trip Reports (48)

Post by rob runkle »

Snow conditions this year = advantage or disadvantage?
IHikeLikeAGirl
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 329
Trip Reports (6)

Post by IHikeLikeAGirl »

As so many before me have said, we all think you, your team, and your family are amazing.

Cannot fathom what you accomplished...spent too many hours staring at your blip, with my mouth agape and thinking, "no freaking way!"

Thank you for allowing us all to share in your amazing journey. Can't wait to read your stories on this adventure.

- Valerie
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."
- Steven Wright
mtgirl
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 104
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtgirl »

andrewhamilton wrote:Hello everyone! So I just sat down at the computer for the first time since starting the record attempt. I haven't had a chance to read through anything yet, however I just wanted to say thanks for all of the support you offered during the record attempt. When people would show up to hike with me they would keep me updated on comments they found interesting, and it was both entertaining and motivating for me!

I am sorry I had to call it quits early, but even though I failed to achieve my goal, it was still such a great adventure that I am very excited to tell the tale. It will take awhile to get caught up on everything, but I'll let you know when parts of the story are ready in case you are interested in reading about it.

Once again thanks to everyone, I really appreciate all of the support from the 14ers.com community!
Oh, Andrew, you didn't fail. You dared, you dreamed, you inspired, and you kicked *ss !! There is never failure when setting lofty goals.
"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

andrewhamilton wrote:Hello everyone! So I just sat down at the computer for the first time since starting the record attempt. I haven't had a chance to read through anything yet, however I just wanted to say thanks for all of the support you offered during the record attempt. When people would show up to hike with me they would keep me updated on comments they found interesting, and it was both entertaining and motivating for me!

I am sorry I had to call it quits early, but even though I failed to achieve my goal, it was still such a great adventure that I am very excited to tell the tale. It will take awhile to get caught up on everything, but I'll let you know when parts of the story are ready in case you are interested in reading about it.

Once again thanks to everyone, I really appreciate all of the support from the 14ers.com community!
Sorry to miss you on the Crestone Traverse - the helicopter ride wasn't for you or Homie (it was for my group). Like Vicki said above, you continue to cause people to dream about their limits - and inspire others to seek and realize their own. Some look at you with a very respectable form of crazy, but you alone know why it was important of you to try this feat. It wouldn't surprise me if you decided to try again, either. Seems like it comes from deep within. If you do - I will probably look at you as crazy, too. And respect you for it, and root you on.

Until then, see you on a calm trail, at a leisurely pace with the kids, sometime soon.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
Cthulhu 2008
14ers: 58  13  13 
13ers: 119 12 5
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Cthulhu 2008 »

Amazing effort and thanks for sharing with us. I can't wait to learn more once you've caught up on your rest and have a chance to digest the magnitude of your accomplishment.
Cthulhu 2008 - Why Vote For A Lesser Evil
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

Andrew - we enjoyed following your adventure and story, and had a thrill meeting you and your crew and support at Holy Cross TH. Will soon submit a TR about our experience at HC TH the last few days. Yudaman!
Blue6String
14ers: 37 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Blue6String »

Huzzah!

Thanks for sharing your journey and for being an inspiration to so many!
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's Peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
The wind will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." - John Muir
its_not_a_tuba
14ers: 36  1  2 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (1)

Post by its_not_a_tuba »

Is Andrew seriously on top of Mount Evans this morning, after having done Bierstadt? I take it he is off for the lower 48 record?
"Wilderness settles peace on the soul because it needs no help. It is beyond human contrivance." -- E.O. Wilson
ThuChad
14ers: 31  1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by ThuChad »

That's what I'm seeing.
:shock: :shock:
I'm just pretending to be a poseur.
Jeff Valliere
14ers: 58  1  15 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (8)

Post by Jeff Valliere »

Sure looks that way. Glad to see he is on the mend and pushing on.
Doug Shaw
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Doug Shaw »

Or is it James?
Last edited by Doug Shaw on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.