Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Throwing rocks: Dr Kedrowski

Post by Scott P »

rijaca wrote:Throwing rocks down a mountain is never a good idea....

http://www.denverpost.com/2007/08/29/cl ... emorseful/
When I was a boy scout, one of the other scouts was nailed by a rock that shattered his hand (blood all over the place) on Lone Rock, Utah. The rock was thrown by a boy scout from another un-related troop. Had the rock hit anyone in the head, it almost certainly would have been fatal.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
yingyangsoup89
14ers: 36  5 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

d_baker wrote:
yingyangsoup89 wrote:but what if he did come up the couloir?
If he came up the couloir, he should already be familiar with the snow conditions, so why throw a rock?

Speculation. Look it up. It isn't fact. Gather the facts, then come to a conclusion. Can't jump to a conclusion without the facts.
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Fact: Rock thrown down popular couloir during Spring climbing season
Conclusion: Luckily, no one died
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Speculation. Look it up. It isn't fact. Gather the facts, then come to a conclusion. Can't jump to a conclusion without the facts.
The (indisputable) fact is that throwing rocks down a climbing route is stupid.

There are occasions that I have thrown rocks down a dark chasm (to try and test for water/estimate the depth) while exploring remote and unknown slot canyons, but throwing a rock down a climbing route is just foolish and that's a fact.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
AndYouSeeMe
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 209 25
Trip Reports (23)

Post by AndYouSeeMe »

yingyangsoup89 wrote:
d_baker wrote:
yingyangsoup89 wrote:but what if he did come up the couloir?
If he came up the couloir, he should already be familiar with the snow conditions, so why throw a rock?

Jesus, dude. The facts seem to be there and you are just acting like a defense attorney for him trying to cast reasonable doubt. All of your solid points as to why this was ok for him to do have been addressed yet you still need to stick up for him. Are you his lawyer? Or maybe his mother?
Last edited by AndYouSeeMe on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

yingyangwannabingbang.....But you posed the question, "what if he came up the couloir?"
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Quack Jon K, aka ChrisJones25, aka Jon Kedrowski (FB), aka Dr. Jon Kedrowski (FB), aka drjonkedski (IG), aka drjonkedski (snapchat), aka drjonslepthere (trip advisor), aka COSnow (reddit), aka jk04554ddfr (alibaba), aka Jonkoolkid (myspace), aka JonKidrockski (prodigy.net) wrote:This is why I can't stand social media people just need to mind their own business. Have a nice night."
That's rich.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
yingyangsoup89
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:Fact: Rock thrown down popular couloir during Spring climbing season

amen, now move along. :-D
yingyangsoup89
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

AndYouSeeMe wrote:
yingyangsoup89 wrote:
d_baker wrote: If he came up the couloir, he should already be familiar with the snow conditions, so why throw a rock?

Jesus, dude. The facts seem to be there and you are just acting like a defense attorney for him trying to cast reasonable doubt. All of your solid points as to why this was ok for him to do have been addressed yet you still need to stick up for him. Are you his lawyer? Or maybe his mother?

don't use the lord's name in vain. :twisted:
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

wildlobo71 wrote:
Quack Jon K, aka ChrisJones25, aka Jon Kedrowski (FB), aka Dr. Jon Kedrowski (FB), aka drjonkedski (IG), aka drjonkedski (snapchat), aka drjonslepthere (trip advisor), aka COSnow (reddit), aka jk04554ddfr (alibaba), aka Jonkoolkid (myspace), aka JonKidrockski (prodigy.net) wrote:This is why I can't stand social media people just need to mind their own business. Have a nice night."
That's rich.
Holy s**t :lol:
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

yingyangsoup89 wrote:
BillMiddlebrook wrote:Fact: Rock thrown down popular couloir during Spring climbing season

amen, now move along. :-D
OK!

/thread
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs