Forum rules
This forum is read-only
jmanner
14ers: 58  28  10 
13ers: 55 14 3
Trip Reports (15)

Re: Throwing rocks: Dr Kedrowski

Post by jmanner »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I'm sure he's watching it on Facebook but he can't white-wash a page he doesn't run.

And I like how he cleaned up his wiki page last night (under ChrisJones25) to remove the latest entries about the rock-throwing incident and label 14ers.com as an unreliable tabloid source. :lol:
What?! That's some next level stuff right there!
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock or Harry Callahan or something F' it: http://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

'Life is too short to ski groomers'

"That man's only desire was to stand, once only, on the summit of that glorious wedge of rock...I think anyone who loves the mountains as much as that can claim to be a mountaineer, too."-Hermann Buhl, Nanga Parbat Pilgrimage
yingyangsoup89
14ers: 36  5 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

lol. What has this forum come to? What if Dr. Jon came up that basin and didn't see anyone for miles or even close to him? Having done that couloir, you can see down most of it.

Probably a good idea to get the facts first, but you know, keyboard warriors these days... :lol:
Lobojasper
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lobojasper »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (61.68 KiB) Viewed 12145 times
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Post by AnnaG22 »

Some men just want to gamble with other people's lives... :roll: :lol:
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

yingyangsoup89 wrote:lol. What has this forum come to? What if Dr. Jon came up that basin and didn't see anyone for miles or even close to him? Having done that couloir, you can see down most of it.

Probably a good idea to get the facts first, but you know, keyboard warriors these days... :lol:
Ha!
How do you see around the dog-leg in the middle?
300_0033.jpg
300_0033.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 12117 times
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
yingyangsoup89
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

What if he didn't see anyone for miles as he approached it? Or what if no one was on trail at all to Pacific Peak?

Once you hit the base of Pacific, you can skirt up the short couloirs before the north, and get to the top super quick.
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

yingyangsoup89 wrote:lol. What has this forum come to? What if Dr. Jon came up that basin and didn't see anyone for miles or even close to him? Having done that couloir, you can see down most of it.

What facts should we obtain that aren't already substantiated by these opinions? Thankfully, no one did get hurt, and chances are he knew that he was fairly well isolated and wouldn't hurt someone. Still, it sends the wrong message to those who still look up to him of how to conduct yourself in the mountains. His post was cavalier, and essentially staged for the photo op since he had his phone out for the toss. That's the epitome of the quality of man he is.

Take it from a guy who took a softball size rock off the helmet on Pyramid because some a**hole above me thought the upper group he was descending through was the only ones in the green gully and he could start running and trundling rocks as he went - all because we were screened beneath a small band. You have to tell yourself you just never know what is below you and resist stupid actions such as all of these.
Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

If you point a gun at someone's face and pull the trigger but you are SURE there are no bullets in the gun, nothing bad could ever happen.
Lobojasper
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lobojasper »

If you are looking up on a steep couloir, would you rather see Dr Jon, or my unleashed Dog?
yingyangsoup89
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

If you checked the chamber for bullets, chances are nothing will happen. :roll:
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

:|
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
yingyangsoup89
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

Since everyone has time on this forum, shower me with articles showing how bad things can happen even when you check the chamber lol. I'm waiting for it, courtney. :lol: