This forum is read-only
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Throwing rocks: Dr Kedrowski

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

yingyangsoup89 wrote:Assumed and verified are two different things.

If they were coming up the couloir they would've been on trail with Jon.
Not necessarily, Joe. I don't believe Jon climbed the couloir itself so he would have had no idea if anyone was down past that dog-leg. And someone faster could have come up Mohawk later and entered the line without them knowing.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
lodgling
14ers: 58  58  2 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (12)

Post by lodgling »

Looks like they sidestepped up it, trundled rocks down it and then chose not to sk it. At least that's they story told by the photos. Strange methods, must be training for something bigger.
SkaredShtles
Trip Reports (0)

Post by SkaredShtles »

I'm not sure what is dumber... the trundling of the rock or someone defending the trundling of the rock.

:?
yingyangsoup89
14ers: 36  5 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:
yingyangsoup89 wrote:Assumed and verified are two different things.

If they were coming up the couloir they would've been on trail with Jon.
Not necessarily, Joe. I don't believe Jon climbed the couloir itself so he would have had no idea if anyone was down past that dog-leg. And someone faster could have come up Mohawk later and entered the line without them knowing.

Exactly my point. 'I don't believe' lingo isn't fact. Too many unknowns to come to a conclusion and bad mouth someone, Dr. Jon or not. Sure, it isn't good practice to throw rocks anytime, but what if he did come up the couloir? What if when he hit the base of the north couloir there wasn't a single soul to be seen approaching it. What if he sped up the couloir in less than an hour? Too many unknowns.

The fact is you all jumped on an IG post and were more than happy to bash Dr. Jon because of your views on him from past events.
billycox
Trip Reports (0)

Post by billycox »

yingyangsoup89 wrote:If you checked the chamber for bullets, chances are nothing will happen. :roll:
Wave the muzzle around and always keep your finger on the trigger, right?
Lobojasper
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lobojasper »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (392.17 KiB) Viewed 11806 times
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob »

This reminds me of the media when they get bored and have nothing better to talk about, so they just stir the pot to get people talking about something relatively minor. Doesn't take much to get a reaction out of people nor for it to get blown out of proportion.
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilerness™
yingyangsoup89
14ers: 36  5 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (0)

Post by yingyangsoup89 »

XterraRob wrote:This reminds me of the media when they get bored and have nothing better to talk about, so they just stir the pot to get people talking about something relatively minor. Doesn't take much to get a reaction out of people nor for it to get blown out of proportion.

Word. :-"
PaliKona
14ers: 20 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Post by PaliKona »

When I questioned him on Instagram, he simply said no one was down there. I said how could he be sure - a party could have come up a different route and then entered the couloir while he was up there. He then said "I guess going to have all these people trying to criticize you from behind their mobile devices and I really am sick and tired of it so I'm just gonna go ahead and speak out about it and stand up to people because I'm sick and tired of people acting high and mighty towards me for. I reason- people should just mind their own business. This is why I can't stand social media people just need to mind their own business. Have a nice night."

Douche?
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

Throwing rocks down a mountain is never a good idea....

http://www.denverpost.com/2007/08/29/cl ... emorseful/
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
sigepnader
14ers: 22 
13ers: 52 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by sigepnader »

BillMiddlebrook wrote:I'm sure he's watching it on Facebook but he can't white-wash a page he doesn't run.

And I like how he cleaned up his wiki page last night (under ChrisJones25) to remove the latest entries about the rock-throwing incident and label 14ers.com as an unreliable tabloid source. :lol:

Someone was nice enough to put it back up. :lol:

"Kedrowski is also famously known for tossing softball sized rocks down couloirs to test stability of snow as demonstrated in his instagram story of his climb/ski of Pacific Peak.[21]"
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

yingyangsoup89 wrote:but what if he did come up the couloir?
If he came up the couloir, he should already be familiar with the snow conditions, so why throw a rock?