Kedrowski: 2017 Dr. Jon Kedrowski is teaching a class through REI...

The Classics
Forum rules
This forum is read-only
jmanner
14ers: 58  28  10 
13ers: 55 14 3
Trip Reports (15)

Re: Dr. Jon Kedrowski is teaching a class through REI...

Post by jmanner »

bonehead wrote:My response to Pilgrims vulgar post is deleted
but his vulgarity still stands???
What's up with that.
My post was simply a picture of two men,
one of which loves America
and one who does not.

Plain and simple
Not racist
Not making fun of turbans
Get your head out of your .....
#totallynotaracist
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock or Harry Callahan or something F' it: http://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

'Life is too short to ski groomers'

"That man's only desire was to stand, once only, on the summit of that glorious wedge of rock...I think anyone who loves the mountains as much as that can claim to be a mountaineer, too."-Hermann Buhl, Nanga Parbat Pilgrimage
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob »

Screenprint the instagram post onto a shirt and wear it to his REI seminar.
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™
kwhit24
14ers: 51  2 
13ers: 182 2
Trip Reports (7)

Post by kwhit24 »

jbchalk wrote:So when are we just going to stop bringing up this guy's name? His name, accomplishments, blah blah have never been news-worthy and never will be. An embarrassment to the mountaineering community. Everyone who knows anything about climbing and mountaineering knows this. He is lauded by the complete noobs who know squat for sure. Plus, my life seems a bit more even-keeled, good-natured, fun-filled, and less annoyed by other people never hearing of this guy on REI pamphlets and Vail Daily news articles about his latest BS. On the other hand, I do enjoy a good laugh from all of you guys poking fun at this dbag. It is entertaining. So, do what ya wanna do, I guess :)
I would imagine 95% of Dr. J mentions (except for a few jabs here and there on random posts) would fade away if he would stop falsely presenting his accomplishments or at a minimum not correcting others such as the REI promotion. Also, if he would stop benefiting monetarily from his talks, interviews and books about said accomplishments. However, I will say that he has done far more in the mountains than I ever will but I would never trade that for my integrity.
"In anticipation of tomorrow don't lose sight of today"

IG: kwhit.24
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

jmanner wrote:
What's up with that.
and one who does not.

Plain and simple
Not racist
Not making fun of turbans
#totallynotaracist
My friend Pat is just having a bad day or two. He's probably just put off at my lack of real artistic ability; While I thought the "Hutt" was a good likeness, I don't think he agrees.

Oh well, art is in the eye of the beholder cause some artists are just not very good at what they do.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Post by AnnaG22 »

What's up with that.
and one who loves himself and nothing else.

Plain and simple
I'm exposing that all of you are racist
because of your reaction to the turbans and my file name
Fixed that for you :wink:
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
bonehead
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bonehead »

Post what you like about Trump.
But portraying his wife as a rape toy
I would think would get a response
from some of the women on this site.
But not a peep.
I guess the hatred of Trump
outweighs moral decency.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

:lol:

Bonehead! It's starwarz drumpf! And she does sleep with him. WILLINGLY...

You've gotten thin-skinned in your advancing age.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

AnnaG22 wrote:
jmanner wrote:
from his new guidebook published by the Colorado Mountain Club Press/Mountaineers Books
Sure glad the CMC is enabling his behavior. :cry:
Nice catch. That's pretty disappointing.
The CMC staff is well informed of Kedrowski's antics and his reputation in the mountaineering community. Some of them share the opinions expressed here. Sadly, the same people who will fill this REI class will also buy a book called Colorado Ski Descents, which closes a gap in the current CMC Press library. The 14ers.com community (even extending to say the "dedicated Colorado mountaineering community") represents a tiny fraction of REI customers and CMC Press buyers. There are way more people who moved here in 2016 from Chicago who think Colorado Ski Descents will look pretty rad on the coffee table of their Breckenridge vacation rental. They'll never even bother to look at the author's name. For extra laughs, check out the YouTube description from Kedrowski's latest TED Talk, entitled "NOD: No Off Days." BARF. This took place in Vail in 2017, by the way.
"Do you have no off days? The values of world class mountain climber, Dr. Jon Kedrowski, reveal a relentless pursuit of excellence. From dying climbers to avalanches to eathquakes, Jon retains focus while summitting with excruciatingly exhiliarating precision. Mountain top nap anyone?"
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I'd link the video, but I don't want to give him clicks.
Last edited by SurfNTurf on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
jmanner
14ers: 58  28  10 
13ers: 55 14 3
Trip Reports (15)

Post by jmanner »

SurfNTurf wrote:
AnnaG22 wrote:
jmanner wrote: Sure glad the CMC is enabling his behavior. :cry:
Nice catch. That's pretty disappointing.
The CMC is well informed of Dr. Jon's antics and his reputation in the mountaineering community. Sadly, the same people who will fill this REI class will also buy a book called Colorado Ski Descents, which fills a gap in the current CMC Press library.
That's what I imagined was the reason. I can imagine the economics they are dealing with, but still...

It won't change my opinion of the CMC or my desire to support their mission.
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock or Harry Callahan or something F' it: http://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

'Life is too short to ski groomers'

"That man's only desire was to stand, once only, on the summit of that glorious wedge of rock...I think anyone who loves the mountains as much as that can claim to be a mountaineer, too."-Hermann Buhl, Nanga Parbat Pilgrimage
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Post by AnnaG22 »

bonehead wrote:Post what you like about Trump.
But portraying his wife as a rape toy
I would think would get a response
from some of the women on this site.
But not a peep.
I guess the hatred of Trump
outweighs moral decency.
A ) See highpilgrim's response
B ) Trophy number #3 literally married him for his money, coming from a background in sexualized adult "modeling". I'll give you the point in that means that unlike Leah, she opted in to her current situation.
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

I just want to point out the fact that we now live in a world where can profess hatred for the previous president in one breath, and whine about the hatred directed towards the current prsident in the next.

USA! USA! USA! USA!
Make wilderness less accessible.
billycox
Trip Reports (0)

Post by billycox »

Memphis BBQ

Real BBQ comes from North Carolina. I'm not sure what that stuff in Memphis is.