Kedrowski: 2017 Dr. Jon Kedrowski is teaching a class through REI...

The Classics
Forum rules
This forum is read-only
Ulla
14ers: 37  17 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Dr. Jon Kedrowski is teaching a class through REI...

Post by Ulla »

mountaingoat-G wrote:just saw this in our local newspaper !!!Dr Jon.jpg
What paper was that in? I live in Lakewood....was trying to find it. Very poor writing and editing - as previously mentioned.
mountaingoat-G
14ers: 23  5  1 
13ers: 21 6 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mountaingoat-G »

Ulla wrote:
mountaingoat-G wrote:just saw this in our local newspaper !!!Dr Jon.jpg
What paper was that in? I live in Lakewood....was trying to find it. Very poor writing and editing - as previously mentioned.

Lakewood Sentinel. It seems more like an add than an "article". Agree it is poorly edited.
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

bump
WillRobnett
14ers: 58 
13ers: 53
Trip Reports (2)

Post by WillRobnett »

Lol
061EE847-8005-48CF-8254-EDE13F571BCB.jpeg
061EE847-8005-48CF-8254-EDE13F571BCB.jpeg (93.28 KiB) Viewed 16376 times
Somewhat of a Prick
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

It is amazing with all the info out there about his shady claims that he has no problems booking speaking engagements
Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Ptglhs »

Somewhat of a Prick wrote:It is amazing with all the info out there about his shady claims that he has no problems booking speaking engagements
It's unsurprising to me. The companies want free advertising and a way to get people in their stores. They don't have to pay doctor K, he shows up and speaks for free hoping people will buy his POS coffee table books. These companies would let Josh Duggar, Jared Fogle, or OJ Simpson speak if they thought it would get more people into their stores. Unless enough people pitch a fit and threaten to take their business away the company would book anyone to raise their sales.
taranichols_02
13ers: 120 2 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by taranichols_02 »

Look. We get it. You really hate Jon, and you’ll never see eye to eye with him. Point made. Yes, he’s a narcissist. Yes, he’s been a shitty person in the past on multiple occasions. Yes, that article was terribly written; he didn’t write that himself and it’s ridiculous to go on for page after page critiquing the bad editing of someone else and blaming him for it, for the sole purpose of nit picking his character even more. You hate him, WE GET IT. It’s called a brief bio; no, not everything in it is meant to be “brag worthy.” To come and “bump” this for the sole purpose of perpetuating a forum where the only purpose is to go on and on over analyzing and telling each other how much you hate him is a really sick personality trait. For goodness sake, be better than this guys. Enough is enough.

He’ll never change your minds and you’ll never change his about the skiing events of last spring. The new book and his presentation includes 13ers, 12ers, etc. It wasn’t just about the 14ers, it was more than just that. It really is a huge focal point for so many of you reading this to fixate on someone else’s life like this that has no bearing on your own. You hate him, you disagree with him, it’s ok. Move on and live and let be. Please, stop putting so much attention and time out of your own life into trash talking someone else. I’m sure you’re all pretty decent and respectable people with jobs and families. I don’t know you personally, I’m not judging you. But seriously, be better than this. Just because someone else has shitty character doesn’t mean you get a free ticket to stoop low too. Take the high road.

By the way. Hello, my name is Tara Nichols. Some of you might know me, some might not. I go by the alias Tara Dactyl. Go look anything up about me that you want, I encourage you to get to know me in person if you want to form any other opinions about me other than I’m an honest person that is trying to stick up for the good and I treat everyone that I meet respectfully. I’m an open book and I’ll never hide behind a computer screen or obscure username. I’m not doing any passive aggressive jabs at anyone, I’m just saying. Nice to meet you.

I know him better than anyone else here, and could be the first person to say no, he sure doesn’t deserve to be stood up for, but that’s not my point. I am not chiming in to convince you to change your minds and opinions on him at all, by all means keep on hating him. It’s not my problem, but honestly, stop jumping at the chance to start up new threads and just come here to bash him. Go do something that betters the world and is productive. I would do this for anyone wether they deserve it or not, I don’t think anyone deserves to have a hate forum spring up about them and their efforts to simply live out their passions (wether you agree with them or not) with good intentions to be sabotaged. I’m not here to defend him or change your minds about his actions and character. I come in peace and I hope none of you feel the need to come at me with any counter stances because I repeat, I’m not here to defend him.

If you’ve ever felt personally victimized by Jon or Regina George, you’ll probly never hear an apology or anything else you want to hear from him. So on his behalf, I’m sorry for the many of you that are deeply and personally offended by anything he’s said or done. You voiced your complaints, the presentation was cancelled, no need to dwell on him for years, be happy about yourselves. Move on, and let him do so also.
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChrisRoberts »

He'll no that would be dumb
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

taranichols_02 wrote:Move on and live and let be. ... I'm not judging you. But seriously, be better than this. ... Move on, and let him do so also.
Deja vu.
https://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 46#p607838
Why does he keep editing his wiki page under, what was it, Chris_Jones, to make it appear he did something which his own reports show otherwise, such as falling thru, not skiing as claimed, Little Bear's Hourglass?
highpilgrim
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

TallGrass wrote:Deja vu.
Deja vu, all over again. vvv
d_baker » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:03 pm
TallGrass wrote:
Anyone else getting PMs from taranichols_02 asking them to cease and let Kedrowski move on? Asked her relationship to him and she said "it's irrelevant." Kedrowski's marketing team? Can't Kedrowski ask himself?

Maybe you go too far TallGrass. From this thread to the SAR member that wrote a book, you dig up every minute detail you can get your dirty little hands on. Anal retentiveness is not a quality.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
WillRobnett
13ers: 53
Trip Reports (2)

Post by WillRobnett »

I used to look up to him. Believed in him. Even did my EMT training in the building he works in now and met up with him during someone else’s record. He knows what I saw on H.C. end of season 2016. He knows. I’ve made that clear. I’d love to see him with a platform of raising awareness for environmental causes or fighting for a cure. That’s the JonK I’d want to meet again going forward.
Last edited by WillRobnett on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tory Wells
14ers: 46 
13ers: 24
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Tory Wells »

I agree with Tara. It's beating a dead horse. It's become another example of the forum witch-hunts that have happened in the past. Dislike Dr Jon if you want, and don't buy his books, and don't go to his talks at REI or LL Bean. And leave it at that.
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach