Bags of poop beside the trail?

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Tejonmax
14ers: 25 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Bags of poop beside the trail?

Post by Tejonmax »

Then human hikers should get Depends to wear. I would dare say there is a lot more human "debris" left behind on a daily basis than from dogs.
madbuck
Trip Reports (6)

Post by madbuck »

Tejonmax wrote:
Then human hikers should get Depends to wear. I would dare say there is a lot more human "debris" left behind on a daily basis than from dogs.
I know this whole thing was was thread necromancy, but along these lines...
Since having a baby, and spending a good amount of time hiking and stroller jogging with him, it's never occurred to me to drop a diaper on the side of the trail to pick up later.
JeffR
14ers: 31 
13ers: 175
Trip Reports (13)

Post by JeffR »

Tejonmax wrote:
Nice red herring!

Unlike most humans, dogs don't give a crap where they... yeah.
To recognize the beauty in sadness, without playing host to the pain...
- Under the Sun, "Reflections"
Gizzygonzymoemoe
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Gizzygonzymoemoe »

Phill the Thrill wrote:Digging up a year-old thread for your first post? Who's the one spreading the negativity?
Digging up an old thread plus it being my first post = negativity?
Scratching my chin
Interesting logic bro
nunns
14ers: 43 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nunns »

Gizzygonzymoemoe wrote:
Phill the Thrill wrote:Digging up a year-old thread for your first post? Who's the one spreading the negativity?
Digging up an old thread plus it being my first post = negativity?
Scratching my chin
Interesting logic bro
I guess you don't get on the forum much, eh?
It's OK though; I love reading old posts by Dick D. They were very entertaining until he got banned. Fortunately his slightly alter ego did not. :)

Sean Nunn
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains." --Psalms 36:6
LURE
14ers: 34 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LURE »

Gizzygonzymoemoe wrote:Digging up an old thread plus it being my first post = negativity?
Scratching my chin
Interesting logic bro
No seriously. Your second post is to try and hash this out by digging up the same thread again to respond to someone's post from over two years ago who was asking why you dug up the thread the first time almost a year after it went silent?

Interesting game you're playin, bro.

I do expect that you will not respond to my post until July of 2021.
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

LURE wrote:Interesting game you're playin, bro.
Like Ummagumma album cover...
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

LURE wrote:
Gizzygonzymoemoe wrote:Digging up an old thread plus it being my first post = negativity?
Scratching my chin
Interesting logic bro
I do expect that you will not respond to my post until July of 2021.
Can't wait!

:cartman:
pejapor
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pejapor »

It is getting worse. These bags of poop were mostly common along trails in the metro areas. Now they're common in designated wilderness. Along with unleashed dogs in designated wilderness, which is also illegal. I once saw a guy's completely out of control dog go chasing after a mountain goat, causing the mountain goat to run away. The guy goes running after his clearly poorly trained and un-commandable dog saying "I guess that's why they have leash laws".

I always pick up and pack out trash I find in the wilderness. You know - leave it better than you found it, we're all taking care of this planet together, keep some animal from choking on some plastic, etc. One time it was an entire water logged and rodent-tore-up set of old camp gear - tent, meals, clothing, etc. I am really curious to know what happened there. It had obviously been abandoned for months, if not since the prior season or earlier. It was all low quality Walmart type gear, so perhaps someone was taking a stab at backpacking and called it quits right in the middle of it. Added an extra 20 lbs or more to my pack. But I really don't want to start packing out this never ending stream of dog poop.

It's just bad / irresponsible people being bad / irresponsible. Any ideas for addressing this any better today? Maybe fee based trail permits for dogs that fund the forest service to hire poop collectors?
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

pejapor wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:31 pm One time it was an entire water logged and rodent-tore-up set of old camp gear - tent, meals, clothing, etc. I am really curious to know what happened there.
Probably just another Dyatlov Pass incident. You know, alien abductions, anal probes, full workup, but this time on English speaking subjects...
mtnbikir
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtnbikir »

I see more of this also. Must be the invasion of non leave no trace freakazoids from beyond the horizon.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

cedica wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm
LURE wrote:Interesting game you're playin, bro.
Like Ummagumma album cover...
For those who might be wondering.

Ummagumma is an album title from the Pink Floyd. The cover art is representative of an infinite cycle of repetition. World within a world, sort of thing. Just goes on and on into infinity with only subtle differences.
IMG_0226[1].JPG
IMG_0226[1].JPG (88.26 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice