Pit bull on Mt Massive

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Pit bull on Mt Massive

Post by highpilgrim »

Kafka> Nuff said.
vicious.jpg
vicious.jpg (288.47 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
LURE
14ers: 34 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LURE »

highpilgrim wrote:My cat is really right leaning and carries a gun.
You would allow such a thing into the very own residence of HP? Did it support Trump? I can't imagine you would stand for such antics.

*it sits in the corner with its MAGA hat givin you the classic cat stink eye* I can just imagine it :lol:
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

LURE wrote:*it sits in the corner with its MAGA hat given you the classic cat stink eye* I can just imagine it
I'm a better shot, but he's quick. Aside from his right leaning bulls**t, I like him so I keep him around.

If I can't fix him over time, I'll get him stuffed with his freaking maga hat. He who gets the last laugh...
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
Paula
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 77
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Paula »

Coming in at 8 pounds, 6 ounces, is Princess Zero F*cks Dean, a scrappy little German bitch with a penchant for whiskey and knife fights.
FB_IMG_1532471601957.jpg
FB_IMG_1532471601957.jpg (448.85 KiB) Viewed 3924 times
justiner wrote:^^^ This person foods.
oldschoolczar
14ers: 45  1  1 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by oldschoolczar »

“what matters most is
how well you
walk through the
fire” -Charles Bukowski
desertdog
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 273 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by desertdog »

Paula wrote:Coming in at 8 pounds, 6 ounces, is Princess Zero F*cks Dean, a scrappy little German bitch with a penchant for whiskey and knife fights.
FB_IMG_1532471601957.jpg
LOL funny!
The summit is a source of power. The long view gives one knowledge and time to prepare. The summit, by virtue of the dizzying exposure, leaves one vulnerable. A bit of confidence and a dash of humility is all we get for our work. Yet to share these moments with friends is to be human. C. Anker
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

Paula, this buckethead would chew up that rat dog of yours in no time...
buckethead.jpg
buckethead.jpg (717.42 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
(although he is afraid of our cats)
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"
mikefromcraig
14ers: 53  24 
13ers: 57
Trip Reports (15)

Post by mikefromcraig »

ultrarunningkid wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard of more people dying on Capitol than driving to its trailhead.
I mean, statistically i am sure it is more dangerous to simply be driving on the highway than to be hiking. I don't think its meant to downplay the dangers of hiking, but if you are an experienced hiker, it is definitly more dangerous to simply be on the highway than to be bagging most 14ers.
You might want to run those numbers again. I believe there are about 500 automobile deaths a year in Colorado. I doubt that more than one of those was someone on the way to or from a 14er. So if more than one person dies hiking a 14er per year, looks like the 14er hike is more deadly.
"I don't believe anyone who says they would prefer to die on a mountain in their 30s than in a hospital in their 90s."
lordopie
Trip Reports (0)

Post by lordopie »

stephakett wrote: a reputation is as well-deserved as generalizing ANY population of people or animals. consider,
"all mexicans are lazy"
"all black people are criminals"
"all pitbulls/german shepherds/huskies/chow chows/[insert your choice of stereotyped breed here] are aggressive"

in the words of another active thread, don't be obtuse. INDIVIDUALS are responsible for correcting bad behavior and rewarding good behavior in their pets, and their tiny humans.
that's some beautiful racism right there! I love how you compare mexicans and blacks to domestic animals. [-X
lordopie
Trip Reports (0)

Post by lordopie »

ajstack wrote:sure little dogs can be jerks but they are not capable of breaking necks of humans
this is what owners of vicious breeds don't get... it's not how often they attack, it's that when they do, it's horrific. I know a two pound dog that likes to bite everyone all the time. She never breaks skin.

When people see a pitbull, they get anxious. So, if you're bringing your pit on a hike, you're being selfish by upsetting every other person on the trail. It's tantamount to using a bluetooth speaker to share your music with strangers who don't want their peace broken. Of course, there's very little chance that the music will kill you.
yaktoleft13
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 262 22
Trip Reports (21)

Post by yaktoleft13 »

lordopie wrote:So, if you're bringing your pit on a hike, you're being selfish by upsetting every other person on the trail.
Lol

I can only assume you're kidding. But on the off-chance you aren't, I think it's important you know I have an irrational fear of no-picture profiles. They scare me. It's selfish of them to comment in a thread I'm also in.
XPLSV
14ers: 28 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Upon Encountering Foul, Cruel, Bad-Tempered Dogs on the peaks...

Post by XPLSV »

Upon Encountering Foul, Cruel, Bad-Tempered Dogs on the peaks...Thou shalt enlist the aid of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, such that thou mayest blow Thine canine enemies to tiny bits...

'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Problem solved. \:D/
Bernie

It's an interglacial period...