Pit bull on Mt Massive

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
lordopie
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Pit bull on Mt Massive

Post by lordopie »

yaktoleft13 wrote:
lordopie wrote:So, if you're bringing your pit on a hike, you're being selfish by upsetting every other person on the trail.
Lol

I can only assume you're kidding. But on the off-chance you aren't, I think it's important you know I have an irrational fear of no-picture profiles. They scare me. It's selfish of them to comment in a thread I'm also in.
i'm just bringing the same logic to this as liberals, progressives, pit owners, snowflakes, millenials, SJWs, lgbqtomgbbq
lordopie
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Upon Encountering Foul, Cruel, Bad-Tempered Dogs on the peaks...

Post by lordopie »

XPLSV wrote:Upon Encountering Foul, Cruel, Bad-Tempered Dogs on the peaks...Thou shalt enlist the aid of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, such that thou mayest blow Thine canine enemies to tiny bits...

'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

Problem solved. \:D/
Amen.

And then ask the pitbull owner three questions.
Wentzl
14ers: 58  20 
13ers: 55
Trip Reports (49)

Post by Wentzl »

What...is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

and What is the point of this thread

good lord. Bill please pull the plug
Shorter of Breath and One Day Closer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZXKgl8turY

"Social Justice" = Injustice
lordopie
Trip Reports (0)

Post by lordopie »

Wentzl wrote:What...is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

and What is the point of this thread

good lord. Bill please pull the plug

Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Ptglhs »

Much like the pitbull in question, this thread needs to be 'sent to live on a farm with a family in the country'.
Rollie Free
14ers: 45 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rollie Free »

Ptglhs wrote:Much like the pitbull in question, this thread needs to be 'sent to live on a farm with a family in the country'.

When I was a kid a lot of dogs were taken to live on a farm in the country. Until I read your post it never occurred to me that was coded language. I imagined Skippy chasing butterflies and running to his hearts content.

I still believe in dog heaven. No one can take that away from me.
"Quicker than I can tell it, my hands failed to hold, my feet slipped, and down I went with almost an arrow’s rapidity. An eternity of thought, of life, of death, wife, and home concentrated on my mind in those two seconds. Fortunately for me, I threw my right arm around a projecting boulder which stood above the icy plain some two or three feet." Rev. Elijah Lamb
John635
Trip Reports (0)

Post by John635 »

Help me out here.

This thread went off the rails since the first page - from a dog attack to what is more dangerous to whatever.

Is this because the original poster has made only one post and is thought to be a troll? Or is it because people love dogs so much; they can not see dogs being wrong at any time? (I see that point. A dog will do what a do will do and it is the obligation of the owner to have it on a leash.) Or it is for some other reason.

If the first post is real. I would be wanting to know if I have to get shots and report the owners to the police. If a cell phone would work from that mountain, I would call the police and ask that the police meet the people with the dog at the trail head.
"When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator." Mahatma Gandhi
AlexeyD
14ers: 44  4  2 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

This will be my one and only contribution to this thread:

two lunches
14ers: 37  2 
13ers: 59
Trip Reports (0)

Post by two lunches »

lordopie wrote:
stephakett wrote: a reputation is as well-deserved as generalizing ANY population of people or animals. consider,
"all mexicans are lazy"
"all black people are criminals"
"all pitbulls/german shepherds/huskies/chow chows/[insert your choice of stereotyped breed here] are aggressive"

in the words of another active thread, don't be obtuse. INDIVIDUALS are responsible for correcting bad behavior and rewarding good behavior in their pets, and their tiny humans.
that's some beautiful racism right there! I love how you compare mexicans and blacks to domestic animals. [-X
i'm not sure why you made the comparison. the three extreme and obviously untrue statements i posted were completely unrelated to each other... are you okay? do you need a hug or something..?
“To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.” – Mary Davis
larkinrx2
14ers: 35 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by larkinrx2 »

For the OP, i would go ahead and do the vaccine series, might help the next time you run into this situation atleast.
lordopie wrote:It's tantamount to using a bluetooth speaker to share your music with strangers who don't want their peace broken. Of course, there's very little chance that the music will kill you.
you never know......

i just redid Bierstadt last Tuesday and was remarking with the different hikers around us at the flock of ptarmigan moms and chicks when a group was approaching behind with a loose mutt. i called back that it would be nice if they could leash up through this area so as not to bother the wildlife. about 10 steps forward i hear them screaming at said mutt as it was chasing the birds over the side of the mountain and laughing at how it was disturbing the peace. atleast when it tuckered out and they were able to recover control they left it leashed up :roll:
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.
snacktime
Trip Reports (0)

Post by snacktime »

Madison08 wrote:Hi All,
I am wondering if anyone has any information about the owners of a black pit bull that attacked me near the saddle of Mt Massive going down the standard route on on Saturday. I was walking past them and the dog jumped at me and bit into my upper thigh, going through my pants and puncturing my leg. The owners were two males. One of the owners was a very heavy set man. They had no leash, so one of them laid on the dog as he was growling after the attack. Unfortunately, they did not give me their contact information. If anyone has any information about them, even the vehicle type, color, etc. please PM me. I want to know if this dog is up to date on his vaccinations, etc. so I can move on.
Hi OP - I'm so sorry about your injury! You might want to also post something on the 14ers.com FB page. There seem to be a lot of people there who post and comment pretty regularly, so you may get a more on-topic response. :)
djkest
14ers: 58 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (44)

Post by djkest »

I think the subset of very heavyset men that climb 14ers with a pit bull has got to be really small.
Anything else you can tell us about this gentleman? Apparent age? Hair? Type of clothing worn? I'm picturing a pale balding guy with a buzz cut, but I could be way off.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog