Hiker Shoots Off-Leash Dog

Dogs, dogs and even some cats
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Hiker Shoots Off-Leash Dog

Post by ker0uac »

sigepnader wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:37 am
Lioness wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:44 am Are all the moderators on vacation?
Hi, you must be new here.

Let me tell you the story of a man..a legend..known as Tallgrass.
I'm Tallgrass' son. He died and his last wish was for me to return to this forum and continue his great work.
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
mountainute
14ers: 42  1  5 
13ers: 16 1 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by mountainute »

Hi Keruac,

condolences on your father's passing. I only met him once on a meet over a campfire in the dark (which is to say, I'm not a close acquaintance). wishing you all the best.

Best regards, Ute
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

Also, today an offleash dog without an owner in sight came over to bother me and my dog while we were having a moment at the summit. But, I'm happy to inform I did not shoot it. I should get a medal.
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion