Camping Tents For Summer

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
RonaldSPatterson
Trip Reports (0)

Camping Tents For Summer

Post by RonaldSPatterson »

What are the best camping tents for summer? How do I keep my tent cool while camping in the summer?
Last edited by RonaldSPatterson on Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
nsaladin
14ers: 58  1  5 
13ers: 12 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Camping Tents For Summer

Post by nsaladin »

Not sure… check your signature link and read through that?

Bill, cleanup on aisle 4.
jsf80238
14ers: 26 
13ers: 64
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jsf80238 »

Welcome to the forum. Hope I can help.

To narrow down your choices:
1. How many people/dogs will be sleeping in it?
2. What is the maximum you would want it to weigh?
3. What is the maximum amount you are willing to spend?

There will be other questions after you answer those.
nsaladin
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nsaladin »

jsf80238 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:17 pm Welcome to the forum. Hope I can help.

To narrow down your choices:
1. How many people/dogs will be sleeping in it?
2. What is the maximum you would want it to weigh?
3. What is the maximum amount you are willing to spend?

There will be other questions after you answer those.
This is spam and not a real person. They have a link to sell tents in their signature, and created their account today.
James Dziezynski
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (5)

Post by James Dziezynski »

Backpacker has a nice round-up on their best tents https://www.backpacker.com/gear/best-backpacking-tents/, should be a good place to start.

Personally, I'm using the Meteor Lite 2 by Sierra Designs for most of my summer backpacking adventures in Colorado. It's a nice light tent and sets up fairly easily. I have a Nemo Dragonfly as well but honestly, I don't use it as much as the Sierra Designs.
“Dogs teach us a very important lesson in life: The mail man is not to be trusted.” — Sian Ford
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

James Dziezynski wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:03 pm Backpacker has a nice round-up on their best tents https://www.backpacker.com/gear/best-backpacking-tents/, should be a good place to start.

Personally, I'm using the Meteor Lite 2 by Sierra Designs for most of my summer backpacking adventures in Colorado. It's a nice light tent and sets up fairly easily. I have a Nemo Dragonfly as well but honestly, I don't use it as much as the Sierra Designs.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Its a spam account guys. Ignore it. Bill, can't you delete this bot?
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
nsaladin
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nsaladin »

Trotter wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:18 am
James Dziezynski wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:03 pm Backpacker has a nice round-up on their best tents https://www.backpacker.com/gear/best-backpacking-tents/, should be a good place to start.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Its a spam account guys. Ignore it. Bill, can't you delete this bot?
Yep. After I called them out, they removed it from signature and put it in their profile instead.