Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by pvnisher »

Craft beer makes drinking seem more like an interesting hobby and less like alcoholism.
Ha!
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

I’ve been on a Weldwerks IPA craze for the past few months.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
Shaolin
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Shaolin »

Johnson wrote:I’ve been on a Weldwerks IPA craze for the past few months.
WeldWerks makes some nice beers, too bad there is no distribution to GJ. Having a Lawson Sip of Sunshine.

Cheers!
rockchalker
14ers: 36 
Trip Reports (25)

Post by rockchalker »

Some of my new favorite beers, especially IPAs, come from Melvin out of WY. Really good stuff.
"There's a feeling I get when I look to the west and my spirit is crying for leaving."
Johnson
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

Shaolin wrote:
WeldWerks makes some nice beers, too bad there is no distribution to GJ. Having a Lawson Sip of Sunshine.

Cheers!
Where did you get that wonderful concoction?
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
Shaolin
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Shaolin »

Johnson wrote:
Shaolin wrote:

Cheers!
Where did you get that wonderful concoction?
Trade. With some Bearded Iris and Southern Grist, TN s**t.

Cheers!
Johnson
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

This.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180517-231801.png
Screenshot_20180517-231801.png (154.1 KiB) Viewed 4120 times

hikingbeerkat
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hikingbeerkat »

Weldworks Plum Gose
Wiley Roots Watermelon Limeade Slush
Cerebral Bird Of Paradise Sour series
Cerberus Elysium IPA
Eddyline Raspberry Wheat

Some of the best beers I have had locally. :iluvu:
LURE
14ers: 34 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by LURE »

Double Peach Milkshake?

I'm just now seeing that. Are you sure that's beer? Perhaps mistaking it for one of the new summertime Starbucks frappes? I'll never understand where and why society went so wrong with beer.
Harrison
14ers: 24 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Harrison »

Favorite local beer as of late is Torn Label's Alpha Pale Ale, but my favorite seems to change monthly.

I like to try new beers though. Any time I'm in Colorado, I'll pick up a couple new-to-me sixers for the campsite and a mix-six to bring home.
Johnson
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

LURE wrote:Double Peach Milkshake?

I'm just now seeing that. Are you sure that's beer? Perhaps mistaking it for one of the new summertime Starbucks frappes? I'll never understand where and why society went so wrong with beer.

It was great.

bking14ers
14ers: 49 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bking14ers »

This thread is still going. WOW. There is or was a brewers show going on this week in Denver. Paradigm Shift Brewery, (my local joint from Ohio) is out there. Give then a try. But... I still love Co. beer the best hands down. My go-to when I'm there is Eddy Line's River Runner Pale Ale.
Everything you want in life is on the other side of fear. -- Margaret T.
You'll never have a better chance to climb that mountain than you do today. -- Dave C.
Dude! I knew you would cave-in once we got up there. -- Dean G.