People actually wear helmets?!

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
FireOnTheMountain
14ers: 53  1  23 
13ers: 269 29
Trip Reports (23)

Re: People actually wear helmets?!

Post by FireOnTheMountain »

greenonion wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:23 amI gotta have one of those.
Second I saw it and this one hipster store I grabbed 2 immediately.
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the ID...?
jmanner
14ers: 58  28  10 
13ers: 55 14 3
Trip Reports (15)

Post by jmanner »

FireOnTheMountain wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 am My water bottle has this sticker (well similar, I like mine a lot better actually):

God, I'm original af while you guys just playing ping pong.  Or is it table tennis?
:lol:
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock or Harry Callahan or something F' it: http://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

'Life is too short to ski groomers'

"That man's only desire was to stand, once only, on the summit of that glorious wedge of rock...I think anyone who loves the mountains as much as that can claim to be a mountaineer, too."-Hermann Buhl, Nanga Parbat Pilgrimage
jmanner
Trip Reports (15)

Post by jmanner »

pvnisher wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:19 pm
d_baker wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:46 pm
Eli Boardman wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Bold of you to assume we're all just as boring as you are.
He's not boring. He has a go-pro mount on his helmet! That's even better than a sticker. ;)
Sorry, should have made an exception for Patagonia stickers. Or maybe for your local IPA brewery. Should have said to please feel free to express how exciting and unique you are by decorating your helmet and waterbottle with stickers. It's the tried-and-true method of standing out in the crowd by doing the same thing everyone else does.

I put a GoPro mount on my water bottle. Two birds, one stone.
Where do you live again? I feel like we keep coming back to you being a bit unable to see similarities in your actions and what your attacking.
A man has got to know his limitations.-Dr. Jonathan Hemlock or Harry Callahan or something F' it: http://youtu.be/lpzqQst-Sg8

"That man's only desire was to stand, once only, on the summit of that glorious wedge of rock...I think anyone who loves the mountains as much as that can claim to be a mountaineer, too."-Hermann Buhl, Nanga Parbat Pilgrimage
Conor
14ers: 41  6  6 
13ers: 51 1 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Conor »

jmanner wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:20 pm
d_baker wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:46 pm
He's not boring. He has a go-pro mount on his helmet! That's even better than a sticker. ;)
Sorry, should have made an exception for Patagonia stickers. Or maybe for your local IPA brewery. Should have said to please feel free to express how exciting and unique you are by decorating your helmet and waterbottle with stickers. It's the tried-and-true method of standing out in the crowd by doing the same thing everyone else does.

Where do you live again? I feel like we keep coming back to you being a bit unable to see similarities in your actions and what your attacking.
Why do you care where he lives? And what does that matter? The dude has enough passion to put up with your and my BS, so who cares where he lives.

You must be furloughed brah...
jmanner
Trip Reports (15)

Post by jmanner »

Conor wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:12 pm

Why do you care where he lives? And what does that matter? The dude has enough passion to put up with your and my BS, so who cares where he lives.

No “Conor”, I still fly the jets full time.

pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

jmanner wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:20 pm Where do you live again? I feel like we keep coming back to you being a bit unable to see similarities in your actions and what your attacking.
What is my contradiction? The fact that I posted some helmet cam footie from the Alps or whatever nearly a decade ago, and then, in the middle of an informative response for helmet selection, mentioned to not load up said helmet with Backcountry.com stickers?
Or was it my inclusion of Patagonia and your local IPA brewery in the list of common stickers?

If you feel personally attacked by that, and are spoiling for a fight over it, I don't know what to tell you.
AndrewLyonsGeibel
14ers: 9 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by AndrewLyonsGeibel »

Back to semi on topic. I like the sirroco... it is sorta fragile but definitely protected my head once. Had to buy a new one after that. For cycling I like catlike helmets and for triathlon Rudy is nice. No idea what my ski helmet is but it’s probably outdated since I haven’t skied in like 8 years.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

FireOnTheMountain wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 am My water bottle has this sticker (well similar, I like mine a lot better actually):

God, I'm original af while you guys just playing ping pong.  Or is it table tennis?
Fire, your sticker reminds me of this audio.
If a sticker could talk, I would put it on a water bottle for sure....

pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

Name one that hasn't.
Hopefully my second post is actually informative and helpful to anyone who is looking for a helmet, sticker comments notwithstanding. ](*,)
Conor
14ers: 41  6  6 
13ers: 51 1 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Conor »

jmanner wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:46 pm
Conor wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:12 pm

You certainly do. Not that you have been doing it that long. I see you've moved on from dropping, "wooooowww" on the practice area freq. But you haven't moved on from d baggery. Go ahead, drop me another pm telling me how great you are because of your post count.

Yawn.
ker0uac
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ker0uac »

Conor wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:09 pm
Conor wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:12 pm Why do you care where he lives? And what does that matter? The dude has enough passion to put up with your and my BS, so who cares where he lives.

You certainly do. Not that you have been doing it that long. I see you've moved on from dropping, "wooooowww" on the practice area freq. But you haven't moved on from d baggery. Go ahead, drop me another pm telling me how great you are because of your post count.

Yawn.
Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves and half in love with oblivion
Scary_Canary
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Scary_Canary »

ker0uac wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 am
Conor wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:09 pm

Yawn.
I can see a new dating site coming out of this.
Mountaineeringmingle.com
"Take your dating to new heights!"

But some people really should take up knitting, or un-twist their drawer of panties that have been bunched up for months. Keep their hands busy, and away from a keyboard. I'd say get out more, but even BEFORE covid that didn't help.
The risk I took was calculated, but I'm terrible at math.