Vintage mountaineering gear

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Oman
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Vintage mountaineering gear

Post by Oman »

Here's a bag older than some members here, but not as old as Ricky's. When Marmot was based in Grand Junction and not California. It slid off (and outlasted) many a Thermarest.
Attachments
PXL_20210126_014916557.jpg
PXL_20210126_014916557.jpg (168.16 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
Hiker Mike
14ers: 30 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Vintage mountaineering gear

Post by Hiker Mike »

I have a few vintage mountaineering clothes and gear. Almost all of it from WWII. Here is a LL Bean Labrador Parka. No date on it. So, I have no idea when it was made. I think is was made in the 1940s?
Attachments
LL Bean Labrador Parka_5852R.jpg
LL Bean Labrador Parka_5852R.jpg (121.03 KiB) Viewed 960 times
"Just because you love the mountains doesn't mean the mountains love you."
-Lou Whittaker