Poll: Do you hike the Incline?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.

Do you hike the Manitou Incline? What's your time (from bottom to top step)?

5+ a week
2%
1-2 a week
7%
1-2 a month
3%
Handful times a year
32%
sub-30 minutes
10%
30-35 minutes
11%
36-40 minutes
14%
41-45 minutes
5%
46-50 minutes
4%
51-59 minutes
7%
1hr +
4%

Total votes: 91
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Re: Poll: Do you hike the Incline?

Post by d_baker »

They're issuing wrist bands again.
Manitou council was disappointed that it had stopped. Apparently the wrist band provides discounts in town?? But where, I don't know.
Kind of stupid, since anyone that makes a reservation has proof of it on their phone (assuming everyone has smart phone these days).
Plus, most wristbands would be found littered along incline and road.
Trotter
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 220 2 8
Trip Reports (10)

Post by Trotter »

I've actually never done it. Although I did do like 5 laps of the Castle rock mini incline once.

Much closer to denver is Mt Morrison or Mt falcon. All the gain, with less crowds, and a trail. Not stairs.
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Nelson Mandela
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called Ego. -Nietzsche
headsizeburrito
14ers: 29  18 
13ers: 89 4
Trip Reports (8)

Post by headsizeburrito »

Done Morrison once since moving to the area and liked it, but the road work being done on 74 keeps that access point closed every weekday right at the turnoff to Titan road where I parked last time on a weekend. It looks like you could just park at the Red Rocks upper south lot and connect to the Morrison TH from there, right? Haven't been there yet but the website says it's free and open to the public on days when they don't have events. Would certainly be a shorter drive for me than the Incline, but without the giant burrito after...