Soft Flasks Compatible with Black Diamond Distance 15

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
AndrewS
14ers: 17  3 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Soft Flasks Compatible with Black Diamond Distance 15

Post by AndrewS »

Does anyone know which HydraPak flask is compatible with the Black Diamond Distance 15?

I won this pack in a drawing and have been looking for the 500ml BD Soft Flasks, but they've been sold out for the last year or so. It seems like BD's website has them for sale now, but I can't add any to my cart. I tried my Salomon 500ml flasks, but they are too tall for the vest pockets. I think one of HyrdaPak's flasks with a straw may be ideal since the flask pocket sits pretty low.

Any advice would be appreciated.
martinleroux
14ers: 28 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Soft Flasks Compatible with Black Diamond Distance 15

Post by martinleroux »

Not sure about the BD Distance 15, but the BD Distance 8 works with HydraPak 600ml soft flasks (same as Katadyn BeFree 20 oz flasks). From the pictures on BD's website it looks like the chest-strap pockets on the Distance 15 and Distance 8 are identical.
AndrewS
14ers: 17  3 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Soft Flasks Compatible with Black Diamond Distance 15

Post by AndrewS »

Excellent. I’ll have to give that a shot. Looks like the 8 and 15 can hold the same size flask. Thanks for pointing me towards a resolution.