Running with key fobs

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Re: Running with key fobs

Post by Dave B »

rperth wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:44 am :lol: 3 pages of post on a manufactured problem. 🀣🀣
With 3 pages of posts, it appears it's a topic more worth discussing than you think it is.

Edit - now we're on to page 4.
Make wilderness less accessible.
Lina Roth
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Lina Roth »

I can understand your frustration with the bulky key fob. One option could be to use a small pouch or a running belt to keep the fob close to you while you run. There are many types of running belts and pouches available on the market that are specifically designed to carry small items while running, such as keys, phones, and water bottles. You could wear the belt or pouch around your waist or attach it to your arm or leg, depending on your preference.

Another option could be to use a lanyard or wrist strap to carry the key fob while you run. This would allow you to keep the fob close to you without having to worry about it bouncing or flopping around. You could wear the lanyard or wrist strap around your neck or wrist, respectively, and tuck it under your shirt to keep it secure.

Finally, you could also consider getting a spare key fob from locksmith North Kensington and leaving it in a secure location near your running route. This would allow you to lock the car with the spare fob and keep the original fob with you while you run. However, this option would require some planning and preparation, and it may not be practical in all situations.
Istoodupthere
14ers: 43  1 
13ers: 27 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Istoodupthere »

I’m just here because I want this to make it to page 5
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

Ideas:
-Chest pocket
-Pocket sewn in your hat
-Wrist strap
-Sleeve pocket
-Make a new key without the electronics
-Put on GI necklace and tuck in your shirt
- sock solution
-Ride a bike!

Maybe it's b/c I grew up in NY but I'd never leave a key outside my vehicle anywhere much less just to save 2oz.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

nyker wrote: ↑Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:47 pm Ideas:
-Chest pocket
-Pocket sewn in your hat
-Wrist strap
-Sleeve pocket
-Make a new key without the electronics
-Put on GI necklace and tuck in your shirt
- sock solution
-Ride a bike!

Maybe it's b/c I grew up in NY but I'd never leave a key outside my vehicle anywhere much less just to save 2oz.
Nyker, stop please. Look back at rperth on page 2.

Go with it Dave B
nyker
14ers: 58 
13ers: 25
Trip Reports (69)

Post by nyker »

I hear you but if you're going to attack people for asking simple questions, questions to you that might have an obvious answer, then most posts here would not get a response. Obvious troll posts don't warrant a response but if you have a good suggestion to an innocent honest question like the OP asked, just opine here. That's what a forum is for.
greenonion
14ers: 50  1 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by greenonion »

nyker wrote: ↑Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:04 am I hear you but if you're going to attack people for asking simple questions, questions to you that might have an obvious answer, then most posts here would not get a response. Obvious troll posts don't warrant a response but if you have a good suggestion to an innocent honest question like the OP asked, just opine here. That's what a forum is for.
Its just that it's all been covered, and it started a year and a half ago. Sorry to be harsh.
mtree
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mtree »

I'm pushing for 5 pages of nonsense, too.
This ranks up there with asking how to walk up a scree slope.
- I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

mtree wrote: ↑Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:10 am I'm pushing for 5 pages of nonsense, too.
This ranks up there with asking how to walk up a scree slope.
Breaking: Top contributor of nonsense complains about all the nonsense.
Make wilderness less accessible.
JROSKA
14ers: 50 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (11)

Post by JROSKA »

:lol:
Skimo95
14ers: 58  11  23 
13ers: 176 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Skimo95 »

nyker wrote: ↑Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:04 am I hear you but if you're going to attack people for asking simple questions, questions to you that might have an obvious answer, then most posts here would not get a response. Obvious troll posts don't warrant a response but if you have a good suggestion to an innocent honest question like the OP asked, just opine here. That's what a forum is for.
I use this forum to read s**t like this honestly. 5 pages is a given!
cedica
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cedica »

Y'all are just training AI here.

But the silver lining is that you *might* be able to tell your great- or grandchildren that you were alive back in the days when computers needed input from actual people to function.